Just purchased a D70s

ajmall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photodrew.co.uk
Seeing as I will undoubtedly have to wait another year for the D100 replacement, cannot afford the D2X and have a Nikon film system the best I could get for the money on the internet was the D70s. I got the Lens kit with a 1GB sandisk ultra II memory card for cheaper than the high street price for body only! All I have to do now is twiddle my fingers and wait for delivery...

Just thought I'd share that with the world. Expect to see lots of photos of the fantastic British Summer we've been enjoying!

Enjoy your new camera! I love shooting with the D70, I'm sure you'll enjoy yours! Look forward to seeing some photos from you :D

Congrats !! I just did the same (D70) and am.... umm.. twiddling my thumbs. Should be shipped today.
Have fun.

I sure enjoy my Nikon D70! I'm headed to the poor farm after purchasing 3 lenses for it. Just received my 3rd (and last) lens today. It's an AF 80-200 ED f/2.8 and it's a big heavy honker. It's the newer two touch with tripod attachment. The original owner really babied this one. The other two are eBay purchases also. One is the AF 20-35 f/2.8 and the other is the 35-70 AF f/2.8. All are really super nice examples for used lenses. I can't imagine someone buying these new because the cost to me would be prohibitive...

I really want a 35-70 because it's a perfect portrat lens for portraits. the kit lens has pretty much the same focal length but it's not 2.8.

I really want a 70-200 VR though i may settle for a used 80-200.

Ajmall, how about the 50mm f1.8 ? It's pretty cheap and will do perfectly well for portraits. I'm thinking about it too (until my bank replenishes...)

Congrats AJ! You're gonna love your D70s!

Miki said:
Ajmall, how about the 50mm f1.8 ? It's pretty cheap and will do perfectly well for portraits. I'm thinking about it too (until my bank replenishes...)

I agree with Miki. I just got my 50mm 1.8 for $90 and it's a FABULOUS lens. I love it!

And what is this jazz about having to "settle" for an 80-200 f/2.8. Mail me some seeds from your money trees, if you would! :lmao:

congrats on the D70. I really like mine. I know you will produce great pics with it. Have fun when you get it.

Most reactions

Back