Just starting. Few ?s

Matt24138

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok I got my canon eos rebel xt. From the pawn shop for 100.00. Picked up a tripod and 4gb card. I am looking for a cheap editing software flash and wide angle lens. What do you guys recommend?

The Gimp is a free, nearly Photoshop-quality editing application. If you want something a little more 'mainstream', Adobe Photoshop Elements and Corel Paintshop Pro are both excellent values for around $100. As far as the flash and lens go, you'll have to give us some more information about your intended use and budget in order to make useful suggestions.

I don't have much money. I want to get shots of live bands. I have several friends in bands. Also I will be doing a lot of nighttime landscape shots. To give you an idea for lenses flashes etc. I will also be taking some promo shots for friends bands outdoors and in abandoned factories etc. Thanks for the help.

What kit lense did you get with it? Or did you just get the body? I have the same camera. Try the EF 18-55 Kit lense as a start, its cheap and works well in daylight, if you are planning to take low light shots it will be a bit tougher without spending a little bit of money to be honest. But you can overcome a lot of things with GIMP or PICASA.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Back