Just to share my pictures

Discussion in 'Personal and Professional Photography Websites' started by photofactum, Sep 20, 2016.

1. BoldArtist

BoldArtist TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm confused, shouldn't you have a model release? And since these are ministers/priests, shouldn't you have their church ruling group's approval to use their ministers images with clothing like that publicly?

2. KmH

KmH In memoriam Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    That would depend on what the publishing and model release laws are in Spain, which is where the OP is.

Here in the US, a valid model release signed by each priest would only be needed if their likeness was used for a commercial purpose.
    Unlike federal copyright law that applies equally to all US states, model release law is state law so there are 50 somewhat different versions here.

Selling street images you have made that have people in them is considered an editorial use, not a commercial use.
    Selling images that have people in them as art is also considered an editorial use.

If you want to learn more about model releases I recommend getting:
    A Digital Photographer's Guide to Model Releases: Making the Best Business Decisions with Your Photos of People, Places and Things

3. snowbear

snowbear Oh, hai. I iz bear. Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit

Zombie thread.