shadowlands

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I finally jumped over to FX!!!
I sold my D300 and 17-55 F2.8 in favor of a D700 and 28-70 F2.8.
Love 'em!!!

Camera/lens are bigger and heavier, but my bank just got thinner.

Congrats on the switch. I am wanting to make the switch too, but haven't gotta approval from my banker (read wife).

Shoot, same with me... I had to wait on my wife's approval. She finally agreed after hearing me complain for years.

Bein' single sure has it's advantages!
wink3.gif

Love 'em!!!

Awesome! I am sure that means the d400 will be announced any day now :) all jokes aside congrats!

love the FX.never asked wife,i just did it.

To you men who had to ask your wives... can you explain in "man terms" to my husband why I need another camera. I'd be happy to return the favor and speak with your wife on your behalf.

Love 'em!!!

Awesome! I am sure that means the d400 will be announced any day now :) all jokes aside congrats!

Ha!!! True!!! I waited for a long time, but gave up. No regrets. I like the performance (ISO) of the D700.

To you men who had to ask your wives... can you explain in "man terms" to my husband why I need another camera. I'd be happy to return the favor and speak with your wife on your behalf.

"It's a Jeep thing... you just wouldn't understand!"

Haaaaaaa

At some point one just has to man up and take his sack back. I decide if and when I want to come home each day without half my shtuff!

Now THAT may be my problem. If I'd get rid of the Just Empty Every Pocket (JEEP), then she might let me have the full frame.

Now THAT may be my problem. If I'd get rid of the Just Empty Every Pocket (JEEP), then she might let me have the full frame.

Then how 'bout this: "Look sweetie. Remember when we redid the kitchen? It wasn't 'our' kitchen... it was 'your' kitchen. You wanted the 8-burner Viking stove, you wanted the matching Sub Zero stainless steel fridge and freezer, you wanted the hand-rubbed cherry cabinets, the granite countertop, the under-mount Kohler sink.......... Well, now it's MY turn!"

My method to get a new camera (and later a few lenses) was to stare at a sale listing for the item, sigh wistfully, and point out how the new equipment would let me take much better pictures of our daughter. Then I sighed a lot more, until she couldn't stand listening to my whining!

I also couldn't complain when she spent some money on her hobbies. It's all about the compromise!

Most reactions

Back