just when i finally get back here...

carlita

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
i have to disappear again. :roll: sucks.

but rather than just vanishing without warning i'll give those of you who might actually end up wondering about me a heads up. ;-) cause i'm nice like that. :p

here's the deal... i'd been considering dropping out of college and going straight into biorecovery (cleaning up crime/trauma scenes and whatnot) and, of course, my parents were less than thrilled about that, but i guess they believed me when i said i was miserable doing what i was doing and were at least willing to humor me. so i made them a deal... i'd talk to an advisor to see if they could possibly figure out SOME WAY to get me the hell out of college with a degree by at least next summer. if they could, i'd stick with it, but if not i was going to go ahead with the biorecovery thing now rather than waiting until after i've got a degree (that i don't intend to actually use, by the way).

i visited the advisor yesterday. when she found out i was a photography major and noticed i was a senior she KNEW it wasn't good business. that's cause she knows how effed up the photo dept is right now and how impossible it is to get your crap done. and when i told her i was considering actually quitting all together she was irked by it. i think mostly because she could see from my paperwork that i wasn't just some idiot who never should have been in college in the first place, but someone who could actually accomplish something. ;-) her exact words were "oh god... i'm dealing with a smart person! :?" so, yeah.

anyway, to make a long story short (it's actually a little late for that i guess ;-)) she figured it out for me and i will be graduating, if all goes well, in may... which is more than i was even hoping for when i went to see her. so YAY! :-D

BUT. two things really. first of all, this means i will have no life for the next 11 months. it also means i will not be getting a photography degree after all. i'm going to end up a criminal justice major (again!) with a double minor in photography and journalism.

on the bright side, i'll have a degree. and i get to take at least two classes i'm genuinely excited about: a philosophy class called "death and dying" and a criminal justice special topics class called "serial murder." that is SO up my alley!!

so anyway, i don't have a computer at my apartment and i doubt i'll be spending much time in the computer lab (where i am right now) if i can help it... at least, not any time where i'll really be free to drop by and chat. :-( and it looks like it'll be that way for quite a while.

wish me luck! :goodvibe: and i'll be seein ya... hopefully! ;-) :hug:

just when the hottie came back to roost...

good luck and we wish you well!!!

md

hang tough, chica. it will be over before you know it, then you can come back and tell us all about it.

death and dying

i took this course as a psychology course- pretty cool concepts, none of which really started to sink in until about the last 4 or 5 years of my life. death wasn't really real to me back then. is gettin there now, tho; every grey hair=1 step closer :wink:

Well, I'm definitely glad things are finally going the way you want them to. There is no substitute for the feeling you get when you've taken decisive action and things work out well for YOU. :p

We're gonna miss the crap out of you, fellow alt-girl, :wink: so stop in whenever you do get a chance, girlie. :hug:

Oh, and that counselor now knows what we've known all along: you ARE smart, and you will succeed no matter what your degree says. Now go make us proud. :twisted:

Good luck, Carli! Those classes sound so intersting. I love all the crime shows so they're right up my alley, too!

Good luck Carlita and try to say Hi whever you can.

Good luck! You made the right decision and will not regret getting the degree. It will help out later I am sure.

Still planning on going into biorecovery in the future?

Most reactions

Back