Just wondering about this Lens????

Fair price if it's in perfect condition. Could probably offer lower and walk away with it.

It's a very cheap zoom lens, without stabilization and with dodgy image quality. If you find yourself wanting to zoom in though, that'll give you some reach.

Here's one for 99$ http://www.adorama.com/US 427577.html

Honestly im looking for something to take action shots with but also capture good still shots........but main thing is, trying to spend less as possible and as i see, its really no such thing as LESS with these cameras.

I have this lens. It's alright, but not great...pretty much what I would expect from a lens that costs less than $200.

Most the the 70-300mm zoom lenses (and there are plenty of them) fall into the same category of cheap 'consumer grade' telephoto. They are an affordable way to get a telephoto zoom lens, and the quality is likely good enough for the target market of soccer moms and causal hobbyists. But for the more discerning photographer, these lenses aren't idea. The image quality suffers at the extremes (short & long end of the zoom etc.) Also, because of the small maximum aperture and the long focal length, they really make it hard to get good shutter speeds in lower light situations. They can be pretty good in day light, but hard to use indoors etc. If you aren't afraid of using a high ISO, then it isn't as much of a problem.

The thing is, to get something better, you have to spend a lot more. For example, Canon has the 70-300mm with IS, which is a much better lens. The IS is a great help, but I believe it's also a better overall lens in terms of image and build quality, but it's at least three times as expensive. There is a new 'L' series 70-300mm IS lens, which is very expensive but should be pretty good. You could look at the 70-200mm lenses, which offer lens zoom range, but much higher quality...but they can get expensive as well.

So if you are looking to spend less than $600-$700, for a 300mm zoom lens. This may be your best choice.

Honestly im looking for something to take action shots with but also capture good still shots
Action shots will be a challenge in all but the best light...again, high ISO will certainly help (if your camera is OK at higher ISO, otherwise you get a lot of digital noise).

Honestly im looking for something to take action shots with but also capture good still shots
Action shots will be a challenge in all but the best light...again, high ISO will certainly help (if your camera is OK at higher ISO, otherwise you get a lot of digital noise).

rell804 - not sure what you would want the photos for which may affect whether or not this lens would be ideal for you.
Big Mikes advice is valid about lots of digital noise and that you'll need great light otherwise, but remember that if it's just for your collection or to show friends/family etc, a noisy shot is better than an blurred one (from using lower shutter speeds)

Thanks for all the help, sorry for all the questions.....i read the manual but being first time, it looks like spanish lol. So mostly what ill be taking is Sunny Softball Games and Race Events, ima try this lens being its local to buy and cheap......ill end up getting a better one within next few months. Another stupid question, What is IS?

DUH, i should have knew that lol.......Thanks......im getting hang of it but very slow lol.

Most reactions

Back