Juvenile Redtail Hawk

TCD photography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Redtail hawks and I have a love/hate relationship. I think they are beautiful birds, and am lucky enough to have a pair that nests on the property, so I spend a lot of time "chasing" them around with my camera. The parents aren't too happy about it, but the younger birds don't know yet to be wary of "scary" people wielding cameras.

Juvenile Redtail Hawk by Trapper Creek Daughter Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Next time, try to number your images please. It's easier for us to reference them that way, especially when you add more than 2 photos at once.
Anyway, have you considered tighter crops on these?

I completely forgot, and I know better! :blushing:

As for tighter cropping, I have already cropped them. I would have gone tighter, but didn't want to degrade the photo, especially on the first one.

Are you sure its a Red Tail? In the flight shots he looks more like a Broad Wing Hawk. Either way nice shots!

Yeah, it's a juvie Red Tail. Young Broad Wing's chest is solid white, and I thought it may be a Red Shoulder, but their young's chest is entirely splotched..... had to look it up myself. In flight, all 3 look almost identical.

Considering how skiddish these guys normally are, #'s 2 & 4 are pretty decent shots. If they're on your property, keep at it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back