K1000 Blank Exposures

1) The K-1000 is a Pentax K-Mount camera, the light meter is coupled to the shutter-speed and aperture. It was the older Spotmatic that required "stop-Down" metering.

Look at the negatives. There should be exposure numbers and film type at the edge of the film. these are placed on the film at time of manufacture, and will show up if the film is developed properly. If the negative strip is entirely blank, then it is the developing that is the issue. If numbers and film type show up on the edges, it's the camera.

By coupled, I am referring to the cameras ability to set exposure either by shutter or by aperture priority. The K1000 is still matched needle... meaning the OP in this thread shot at various settings resulting in the same black frames... followed by a discussion related to the meter. In the case of the k1000, the discussion about the cameras meter is irrevelant since it is match needle.

Deleted. Question about edge markings on the film already asked.

Last edited:
Just a side note: In my experience Walgreens employees know exactly NOTHING at all about film photography. When I bought a used Bronica I called my local Walgreens and asked to talk the mgr. of the photo dept. When I asked if they carried 120 film she paused and then replied "uh.........I see that we have 400 ?"

So, do you see a chance, that they pour fixer first ?

Run a roll of plain Jane everyday ordinary -color- film through it.

Run a roll of plain Jane everyday ordinary -color- film through it.

I agree with this. Go to Walgreens, buy a roll of their color film and see what happens.

Hi All,

I have now gone through 3 rolls of film, all different brands bought at different stores. The issue i am having is all the rolls are blank with no exposures/frames. I have tried both color and B/W. my latest roll was an Ilford HP5 Plus 400 B/W.

David

The OP tried color film, and it is likely to have been C-41 process. That roll should have frame-number markings on it. Should indicate whether it is the camera at fault. I would check those negatives before trying another roll of film. As mentioned: after loading a roll of film, gently take up the slack using the Rewind knob. As the film is advaned, watch that the rewind knob spins- will indicate that film is being advanced. This single test has saved me from a lot of blank rolls.

Hi All,

I have now gone through 3 rolls of film, all different brands bought at different stores. The issue i am having is all the rolls are blank with no exposures/frames. I have tried both color and B/W. my latest roll was an Ilford HP5 Plus 400 B/W.

David

The OP tried color film, and it is likely to have been C-41 process. That roll should have frame-number markings on it. Should indicate whether it is the camera at fault. I would check those negatives before trying another roll of film. As mentioned: after loading a roll of film, gently take up the slack using the Rewind knob. As the film is advaned, watch that the rewind knob spins- will indicate that film is being advanced. This single test has saved me from a lot of blank rolls.

This is the best test for checking the film advance mechanism. Also, and I don't remember where I learned this, I leave the rewind knob with the little crank in the rewind position (not folded up) because it's easier to see it turn when you advance to frame #1. After I verify film advancement I fold it back in.

The film advance mechanism isn't his problem. He posted a video that shows it works. The roll of film in the video didn't have the film markings on it, but it was also HP5, so it probably got developed with a C-41 machine.

to the OP, what kind of color film have you used with the camera and what does it look like?

Is the OP still with us ? The info about edge markings is crucial.

Hi David. 4 months passed, did you figure out what the problem was ?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back