Kauai

Nimitz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
working in Kauai a few months ago where I had some great views of sunsets. Aftering figuring out the best location I went and set up about 45 mins early - the Sheraton I was staying at always had a crowd of people watching every sunset so I needed to get a clear lane early. Just before I started shooting group of people approched me and one woman starting giving me information about what types of images she wanted for her wedding the next day. Finally she looked at me and said "aren't you the hotel photographer?" Go figure ...
C&C welcome ...
Hawaii18.jpg

thanks. it was interesting to watch as people gathered for the sunset -- they would just walk up close to the water, right in my sight line, and then eventually turn around, see me setup with all my equipment, and then quitely move out of the way. I guess they all thought I'd been hired by the hotel to shoot and didn't want to get in the way of a pro shoot ... never had to ask a single person to move, even though quite a few came up to talk with me ... image is everything ... :)

I like to see the wind in the palm trees. And the colours are stunning, of course! But that seems to be self-evident, I should say, for sunsets on Kauai. Not that I've ever been there, I just THINK they'd all be stunning, colourwise!

These kinds of colors are only present for usually less then a minute through and entire 1/2 hr long sunset so you have to be there in place and ready ... and then most of the time it ends up being only so so for one of many reasons out of your control. This one image (1 other) are the result of 3 evenings in a row of shooting, about 1 hr each night ...

If I can remember I'll post another sunset image of 'The Blow Hole' on Kauai which is a lava tube on the shore which fills with water with the incoming surf and forms a geyser. I set up one evening with the blow hole in line with the setting sun to try and capture the geyser and setting sun simulaneously ... you can let me know if I succeeded ...

Most reactions

Back