KC-135 Sunrise in Hawaii

Just_Brian81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Funny story about this picture... I entered it into a photo contest online a while back ( before i found this site of course ), and actually won! I got this e-mail telling me that I had won the editors choice award and how only 12% of the people that enter actually win anything... well the letter goes on to tell me about the plaque i was going to recieve with my picture on it and all that. well at the end of the letter it said just go ahead and send us 50 bucks and we'll get your trophy maid and mailed to you... whats the point of winning if you have to buy the trophy??? ( assuming it isnt a scam and is legit )

At any rate, what do you all think? I wanted to be standing where i was because there were buildings on the left, and the airport/runway on the right... so the sun isnt really centered on the nose gear like i wanted.

DSC01082.jpg

That's a pretty cool shot. I like the sky and the clouds. BTW, if they ask for money, its a scam.

sorry, it doesnt do anything for me, and the blown out sun hurts my eyes.

i would like it better if you cropped a little off the bottom. alot of empty space

Thus shooting against the light is interesting, though low sunlight on a wet surface ... is about the worst you can experience as a motorist, it renders you practically blind ... that said, the glaring part is only little, but --- compositionally I feel this photo is lacking. If you won yourself a prize (you had to buy) in a competition where they asked you to send in money first (scam!!!), I am sure everyone else "won", too, got the same letter AND the same request ...

To my mind, the idea you followed is good enough to keep working with this photo by "applying the scissors", i.e. giving it a good, well thought-out cropping so that it becomes a bit more compelling. There is too much empty space at the top, bottom, and to the right (and a little on the left, where that car from where the hose goes off is cut in half, anyway, so the car can go. The person on the bike should stay, though, by all means!)

sorry, it doesnt do anything for me, and the blown out sun hurts my eyes.

I know what you mean about hurting you eyes. I wanted to hide the sun more behind the nose landing gear, but then i would have had a bunch of other junk in the picture. Maybe next time i'm in Hawaii and I have the sun rising behind my jet, the ramp is covered in dew, and I actually have a minute to snap some pictures I'll see if i can stand somewhere else and photo shop out all that junk... :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back