Keepers of the sea......

coastietech

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Out here in Kodiak the Coast Guard is in full force. It is the largest base the Coast Guard has. Here are some of the pictures of the Coast Guard air fleet.

DSC_0149-1.jpg

DSC_0147-1.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0143.jpg

Very nice!

Question: Were those taken with the 70-300mm VR? I was thinking about this lens down the road. Just wondering if you had any thoughts on it.

Very nice!

Question: Were those taken with the 70-300mm VR? I was thinking about this lens down the road. Just wondering if you had any thoughts on it.
Yes, they were all taken with the 70-300mm VR. It is a great lens. It is much sharper than the other 70-300mm that Nikon makes. Once you understand it's limitations, it is not a fast lens and it hunts in low light, then it is a great lens. When are you looking at getting one? I am planning on selling this one in Jan. because I will be buying a 50-500mm Sigma and a 70-200mm 2.8. If you are interested let me know and we can work something out. If you do a search I did a review of the lens with pictures at different focal lengths and apertures with 100% crops.

dislike the rotors being chopped off. should have shot em horizontal. but besides that very nice!

Yes, I would be interested in the lens. I wasn't in the market right this minute for one, but later down the road for sure...

I like #1 best good job on getting the heat distortion from the exhaust.

Thank you all for you comments. So the general consensus is to not cut off the rotors. Thats good to know for next time. I didn't realize I even cut them off when I took the picture. Guess I should pay more attention to the edges of my frame.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back