Keeping an eye on things...........

|)\/8

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Macro shot of my eye,:wink:.

IMG_0923_s.jpg

whoa...that's close. Looks like I can see your 580 and 430 in there!

Just curious...How did you get the focus so good for a shot like this? I'm assuming you had the camera on a tripod? The shot is real sharp, did you just focus on an object and then put your face where the object was?

Just curious...How did you get the focus so good for a shot like this? I'm assuming you had the camera on a tripod? The shot is real sharp, did you just focus on an object and then put your face where the object was?

You can see his hand holding the camera in the reflection...

The camera was on a tripod. I used my Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro. Looking into the camera I could see a reflection of my eye, I just kept it centered and backed my face up until I could hear the beep when I pressed the shutter release half way. After hearing the beep I took the shot, my eye was probably 6-8 inches from the lens. The EXIF data is intact.

How much did you have to crop?

How can someone just view EXIF data...know this probably isnt the place to ask...just wondering...

How much did you have to crop?

Crop was very minimal. Here is the original (resized and turned into jpeg only). I cropped it because I did not like the little bit of my eyebrow showing.

IMG_0923_nc.jpg

How can someone just view EXIF data...know this probably isnt the place to ask...just wondering...

There are several free programs you can download to view EXIF data, just Google. If you use Firefox for your browser you can get a plugin here.... https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3905

Cool! I presume you took this one with your Canon 100mm? I did the same thing when I just got it, but didn't get it this sharp.

I think I need more light! I see that you have the Speedlight 430 and 580. Which do you prefer?! :D Planning on buying one of the 2.

Thanks! :)

Cool! I presume you took this one with your Canon 100mm? I did the same thing when I just got it, but didn't get it this sharp.

I think I need more light! I see that you have the Speedlight 430 and 580. Which do you prefer?! :D Planning on buying one of the 2.

Thanks! :)

If you have the money, I would go with the 580 because it will give you more options down the road. I bought mine for $350.00 (US) when B&H Photo was running the Canon specials last year. If you ever plan to shoot with off camera IR wireless flashes you will need the 580 or ST-E2. Plus the 580 has more power. The 430EX has a Guide Number of 141' (43 m) while the 580EX II has a Guide Number of 190' (58 m) (both at 105mm).

this is amazing!
you have a very pretty eye as well!!haha

Thank you for the compliments, :blushing:.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back