KEH vs. B&H

B&H is a marvelous store. I guarantee if you ever had the chance to actually go there you would think its the most amazing place ever. I've been going there since I was a kid when my pop would bring me. The overhead pulleys and roller systems are still there today. It's a well oiled machine. Great used stuff and everyone almost everyone that works there knows what they're talking about.
Thank you. Very kind. We've been in our current location for 10 years now, although the space has changed somewhat since we originally moved here.

I have been extremely pleased with both and think you can't go wrong.

I recently bought a RB67 Pro SD kit in "excellent+" condition from KEH and think they called it on the conservative side. It was my first purchase from KEH. I looked at B&H first but they didn't have what I wanted at the time, so I went with KEH. I shopped around Ebay but ultimately went with the big guys because I didn't want to take any chances. That is coming from someone who has had generally very good luck with Ebay.

I have placed numerous new merchandise orders (some quite substantial) with B&H and have been impressed with the service each time.

I've always had a good experience w/ KEH. No complaints whatsoever once I located the item I wanted to buy.
But they drive me nuts w/ their search system. Many times I've been told 'no hits' or whatever means that they don't have the item, only to find it a different way, sometimes by accident.
I've actually given up trying to find an item on line & found it elsewhere or phoned them if it was before 2PM Pacific time.
I wonder if KEH doesn't have so much business that they want to discourage customers. If they don't want to discourage customers, then they really need to totally rebuild their web site.
I suggest they do it so that one can just type in the name of the item they are looking for w/o having to select the correct options on the 3 or so drop down menus. If they want to keep the drop down menus, fine, but allow the search window to work independently of the menus.
My rant for the day, JD

I've bought from both KEH and B&H and I consider both to be two of the most forthright businesses in the camera business. I don't hesitate recommending either one.

Like others, I find KEH's BGN prices very attractive, and I've seen photos of their BGN items that looked amazingly clean to me. Haven't bought a BGN item yet -- but it's just a matter of time before I do.

KEH has a Nikon F5 in excellent condition $ 616. B & H as F5, estimated at 8 + to $ 999. KEH has always impressed me by its modest ratings. B & H said that its 8 + will moderate wear. For the sake of argument assume these two F5 are in similar conditions, and we all know the two companies have a good reputation. Who's going to buy?
Why does everyone think that B & H has better prices used KEH?.

Depends on what you're shopping for I guess...

Personally, I think KEH is very hard to beat. For used stuff, that's pretty much the only place I look.

Their used stuff is always cheaper (from what I've seen) than anywhere else, and the condition is always better than advertised.

(I do spend a lot (too much, lol) at B&H too, just not for used stuff...)

Last edited:
KEH has a Nikon F5 in excellent condition $ 616. B & H as F5, estimated at 8 + to $ 999. KEH has always impressed me by its modest ratings. B & H said that its 8 + will moderate wear. For the sake of argument assume these two F5 are in similar conditions, and we all know the two companies have a good reputation. Who's going to buy?

I heard B&H has been trying to get rid of most of their supply of used film cameras.... Maybe that is a factor?

I heard B&H has been trying to get rid of most of their supply of used film cameras.... Maybe that is a factor?

No more or less than we want to sell any item in our used inventory. Demand remains strong for film cameras and as long as there are any we will continue to support them and their fans (of which I am not the least) to the very best of our abilities.

no, they are still buying and of course selling that is what they are in business for.

I would deffinetly go with keh...for used stuff I have gotten a mamiya 645 a mamiya 7 lens and a rollei 35 all in bargain condition, their bargain is b and h s excellent, from my experience... I once purchased a video camera used from b and h and the serial number was filed off... I brought it back and they exchanged it... But it took a bunch of extra weeks... I didn't think a camera without a serial should have gotten that far into their system ( could be stolen)... For new stuff b and h can't ve beat I'm going there in a few hours for the rare 24 mm rollei uv filter tomorrow!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back