Kelsey and Adam

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, it's official, our own TPF poster, ACaldwell, is our assistant/3rd shooter.
She has done a wonderful job from day one. Mike and I both were blown away by her natural eye for composition. We are very lucky to have found her.
Some of the photos below are hers. Actually, some of hers our so close to our own, I'm not sure exactly whos is whos. She will be credited for those I know are hers and hopefully, if I mess up, she will jump in and let me know I messed up.
Kelsey's was a hard one. Crazy family members who were also church and wedding officials. Bad coordination on their part.
Horrible lighting. The worst. Catherdral with a candlelit only service with a spotlight ovet the couple. Talk about baptising Abby by fire. Whew!

Casburn0011.gif

THIS PHOTO IS ABBY'S
Casburn0057.gif

3. THIS PHOTO IS ABBY'S
Casburn0145.gif

Casburn0276.gif

Casburn0368.gif

Casburn0570.gif

Casburn0583.gif

Casburn0589.gif

Casburn0615.gif

Casburn0623.gif

Casburn0685.gif

Another setback was the fact that one of the groomsmen, also a family member had a huge biopsy for skin cancer that morning.

Before:
wed_kelsey_00129before.gif

After:
wed_kelsey_00129.gif

"He's been rebuilt. Stronger than ever. Where is my 6 million bucks?" LOL

yeaa for Abby!! Beautiful work Cindy. I have a wedding this Friday. I am so nervous. Its a night time wedding -- VERY low light. Outside @ 6pm. I charged them 500.00 since it was my second wedding I signed. I just PRAY I do a great job for this couple.. Even though she called and asked me will you be eating??? ARGGGHHHH of course.., Im not a frigin animal. I'll be there for 6 hours and the wedding is an 1 1/2 a way in the mountains -- SECLUDED... Sorry.. to vent !! Lovely photos as always

Zen,
You will do a great job! And yes, eat. We are on our feet more than they are. It's in our contract. We eat, or we leave for an hour. :)
Yeah, I'm sooooo proud of Abby. This was her first wedding, and of course it was a test of all the bad crap that can happen.
But she did great. She didn't think she did, but she did. When I narrowed it down to my fave shots, hers were right in there.
I'm going to start another wedding she worked on next week. I've taken a peeky poo, and she did some drop dead gorgeous stuff.
She will be ready to go our on her own in notime!

I think you guys did an amazing job! (especially considering the conditions!)

And congrats on your new assistant! That is super cool!

BTW, how old are they? They look 18! Or maybe I'm just getting old. lol.

I'm not sure how old.
My hubby and I make up nicks for all the brides and grooms so that we can keep them straight. There is ankle girl, princess, smart cutie, and a slew of others, but this couple, are the "16 year olds".
She's a teacher, so I know they are older than that, but still......

I guess here is as good as anyplace to ask Cindy (I don't want to offend any other wedding pros here but I think you and your husband are exceptional!). How hard is it really to cover a wedding with one camera? I ask because I've been there, and weddings aren't my "main thing", but the ones I have done I always say to myself, "If I were 2 or 3 people... I'd be more prepared." I assume you shoot them with 3 cameras [photographers] (but that's only speculation).

I would love to get your take on the "dance you do [while shooting] any given wedding". What is your checklist like? (I think this is fodder for another post)

Lovely.

On the last one - #11, can you put a rose petal on her boobs instead of the funky black splotch that I assume is a rose shadow? Or remove it altogether?

Very nice - congrats to Abby on her work as well.

I'm not sure how old.
My hubby and I make up nicks for all the brides and grooms so that we can keep them straight. There is ankle girl, princess, smart cutie, and a slew of others, but this couple, are the "16 year olds".
She's a teacher, so I know they are older than that, but still......

:lol: We do the same thing haha.

Hi Dpolston-I'll start a new thread about it and put it into the General Shop Talk section, ok?
And thank you guys for the kind words. This wedding was a cluster from the beginning to end. Thank God for Abby.
Not one of our best for sure, but we knew these were things we couldn't control.
:)

good job, looks like you had some tough conditions!

Hey I like her shoes in the last one. hee hee. Good job under those conditions - seems like they made the whole thing tough on you! But you work well under pressure I see. ;) 3 and 6 are my favorites and way to go on the reconstructed eye. That's crazy!

Hang on,
I'll show you how I did it. It was kinda fun actually.
(I'll use an even worse angle.....is there one? LOL)
By the way, how do you like the location of the last one. Bwhahahahaha!
I'm surprised we weren't given instuctions by the WC about how to use our cameras too.
I. H.A.T.E.L.I.S.T.S ........especially when they are detailed right down to the "where".
Hey, I just work here. LOL.

Most reactions

Back