Kelsey S. (Pic Heavy)

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
From my first senior session of the year! :)

$Red-Hair-Girl-Gate-Dress.jpg

$Red-Head-Portrait-White-Dress.jpg

$Silhouette-white-dress-gate-girl.jpg

(Con't in next post...)

Very nicely done Emily.... EXCEPT for those with the blown sky; I really wish you would have brought in some supplemental light and knocked the background down a couple of stops.

Very nicely done Emily.... EXCEPT for those with the blown sky; I really wish you would have brought in some supplemental light and knocked the background down a couple of stops.

That was intentional. We tried it that way, didn't like it. There was a pool back there and some other stuff, but we loved the gate.

If we were able to, I would have loved to have blown it out MORE, but that was pushing the boundaries of the gear a bit. :lol:

That was intentional. We tried it that way, didn't like it. There was a pool back there and some other stuff, but we loved the gate.

If we were able to, I would have loved to have blown it out MORE, but that was pushing the boundaries of the gear a bit. :lol:
Okay... I can see where that would have worked.

Looks like you have a lot of cool locations nearby and it also looks like you two had a lot of fun. I have a question which will help me learn. I am still confused when it comes to highlights and exposure. When I look at #9, the first thing that comes to my mind is that its overexposed around the back of her head. Now, you are a much better and more experienced photographer than me, so my question is... is that the look you were going for? If not, what could be a way to prevent that from happening? Fill light or a reflector? Thanks for any information you can give!

Looks like you have a lot of cool locations nearby and it also looks like you two had a lot of fun. I have a question which will help me learn. I am still confused when it comes to highlights and exposure. When I look at #9, the first thing that comes to my mind is that its overexposed around the back of her head. Now, you are a much better and more experienced photographer than me, so my question is... is that the look you were going for? If not, what could be a way to prevent that from happening? Fill light or a reflector? Thanks for any information you can give!

Having a fill light and dropping the "ambient light" exposure would have certainly prevented that, however, it would have also taken away from the light, airy, feel we were going for with those.

I don't mind if there are strong highlights in the hair, coming from behind like that, but that's a stylistic choice. Some people will yell at me and tell me it's wrong, and others will like it. :lol:

I'll go with #17 FTW.:hail:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back