Kelsey S. (Pic Heavy)

4 & 5 are my favorites. All the ones in front of this brick are perfect as far as skin tones go. I feel like the ones on the swings she looks pretty green. Maybe burn the b/g a little? I also love 11 & 17. Great set!

Thanks for your feedback. :)

Just curious... were you on a calibrated monitor when you looked at these before?
Yes ma'am I'm calibrated :)

Very nicely done Emily.... EXCEPT for those with the blown sky; I really wish you would have brought in some supplemental light and knocked the background down a couple of stops.

That was intentional. We tried it that way, didn't like it. There was a pool back there and some other stuff, but we loved the gate.

If we were able to, I would have loved to have blown it out MORE, but that was pushing the boundaries of the gear a bit. :lol:

I don't think the sky is so much the trouble, but rather the trees and pool. Pushing the background this far kind of turns it ito a white-washed mess. While I appreciate that it was intentional, I'm not sure it was the best choice to try to obscure a less than ideal background by over exposure. Shooting later in the day with very shallow DOF might have been a better solution? It's a nice idea, too bad there was a pool there.

Very nicely done Emily.... EXCEPT for those with the blown sky; I really wish you would have brought in some supplemental light and knocked the background down a couple of stops.

That was intentional. We tried it that way, didn't like it. There was a pool back there and some other stuff, but we loved the gate.

If we were able to, I would have loved to have blown it out MORE, but that was pushing the boundaries of the gear a bit. :lol:

I don't think the sky is so much the trouble, but rather the trees and pool. Pushing the background this far kind of turns it ito a white-washed mess. While I appreciate that it was intentional, I'm not sure it was the best choice to try to obscure a less than ideal background by over exposure. Shooting later in the day with very shallow DOF might have been a better solution? It's a nice idea, too bad there was a pool there.

Okay, let me rephrase.

There was a pool back there, so exposing the background correctly wasn't ideal because of that... HOWEVER...

...had there been NO pool... and nothing but an open, green, grassy knoll...

...I would have STILL exposed it the same way. :lol:

We liked the look of the white light behind, and like I mentioned in an earlier post, had I been able to push the exposure even further and blow out even MORE detail in the back, I would have. :lol:

So it wasn't *just* the pool being that was behind the reason for doing it. It just happened to help the fact that there was a pool back there. :lol:

My assistant (dare I even call him that, because he's a much better photographer than I) and I got there before the session, discussed different options, tested out different lighting scenarios, and that's what we settled on for that one. :sillysmi:

TPF is still an ever changing joke. Great shots Em. Had to poke my head in and say hi.

Awe, she's gorgeous. I love #5. I don't like her expressions very much in #14-17, though. That's just my opinion.

Most reactions

Back