Kent Frost (aka dj Spiral)

Kent Frost

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.djspiral.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I guess I should have come here first thing....eh...oops.

My name is Kent Frost, I live in Springfield, MO USA. I'm 24 and I've been into photography now for about 5 years. Currently, I own a Canon EOS Digital Rebel (after much deliberation between it and the 10D), and I must say that I love the thing! I tend to lean more towards people photos (whether orchestrated or candid), but I find that every so often I can fire off a good nature pic.

I used to work at a local pro photo equipment store (www.lawrencephotovideo.com) for about 2 and a half years, which is where all my photo knowledge derived from. Originally, however, my first love in the visual arts was for video and cinema (still is), which is what I went to school for. Thankfully, I was able to incorporate a love for photography as well, so now I guess you could say I am multi-hobbied. ;-)

Prior to any kind of visual art, I was fascinated with DJing, which I used to TRY when I was much younger, but have recently within the past year and a half taken this hobby back up as well, and with the proper equipment this time. lol

Anyway, pretty much everything else you could ever want to know about me can be found at www.djspiral.com.

Happy shooting, and I'll see you all on the board.

LoL I am too. I used to go to Shutterline a lot, but those guys are somewhat uppity. This board feels much more like home to me, considering my local board uses the same phpBB program. ;-)

Thanks for the welcome.

We do have quite a group of people here. I too have visited other photography boards. Well I've visted a lot of boards in general and it's very rare to find one that has as many good people as we do. We've only had one troll that I can think of and I was on top of that mofo like a fly on.....

So you're into film as well? I've been thinking of taking some classes at the community college (mainly for access to the nice equipment) I have some short film idea's that I'd like to put into motion some time.

Like I don't have enough hobbies already. I need to brush up on my music theory and then I can write the score for my films :)

Music theory is what I'm intensely lacking. I can count beats, that's about it. I guess that qualifies me JUST ENOUGH to be a DJ. LoL

Actually, for those who have a hi-speed connection, I do have a small video available for download. It's a pretty simple timelapse video, but I figure it would appeal to the photography masses better than it seems to with others. ;-)

Here's the link: http://www.djspiral.com/video/video.html

DOH! I forgot I reformatted the videos.

Okay, should be good now. HOWEVER....I strongly recommend SAVING FILE AS, because for some reason (at least on my computer) when I click on it to go straight to the file, it only brings it up as text. Hm....weird.

Let me know if there are any problems.

*rolls out royal TPF welcome mat for the dj*

got any faves? tiesto was just here in sydney but i missed him.

oriecat will be along with her booty wigglin welcome shake for you any moment.

Eh....Tiesto doesn't really fit into my category too much. I guess the whole "raver" thing doesn't appeal to me. For the most part, I dig the music itself for the music, not for what the music can do as far as enhancing a drug....if you need a drug to make the music for you, well I'm sorry to say but it doesn't seem to be the right scene for you then. Tiesto, Oakenfold, Darude, etc, etc...they all cater to generation X-tacy, which I'm glad to say I'm not apart of.

Although...I can't say I don't dig the drink now and again. ;-)

Actually, if you'd like a taste of what genre of electronic I'm into, I've got a couple of mixes available for download.
http://www.djspiral.com/mixes/mixes.html

Oh I wasn't saying you were! LOL Sorry if it sounded that way. It just seems that Tiesto caters to that crowd specifically, but that's not why I don't like his music. I just don't like the "peaky" epic trance, and that's where he seems to be filing himself. Which is fine, a lot of people like his music....it's just that the people around my locale seem to like it (and music similar to his) for means of enhancing a chemical. Mine is still electronic, but it's got more of a "move-your-ass" feel to it. ;-)

Welcome aboard Kent, sounds like you're having fun already.

Most reactions

Back