Kevättalvinen kaislikko

mauvesmiles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photo.inform.social
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This image posed a problem for me in terms of whether it is a landscape photo, nature photo or even a macro photo.
I would say this is a landscape photo even if the main subject is captured up close and the depth of field blurs out
the actual landscape in the background.

Bit of translation help for the title "Kevättalvinen kaislikko" = "reeds, captured when the spring has not yet set in and the winter is still here"

Thoughts? :)

DSC_1075-web.jpg

I'd agree on landscape. I quite like it and the dof is nice. I'd possibly give it a very slightly clockwise turn as the horizon appears a little down at the left but that apart it's a nice enough take.

Do we need to put a label on it? I just like it.
You make a valid point.

Often, we pay a lot of attention to the way a given image is labeled, don't we? What we also expect of a photograph goes with that label. Even the level horizon thing is a rule, which I didn't break intentionally, but might be something that creates an effect. I've come across with that thought when shooting in hilly regions where the perceived horizon isn't even necessarily level, but I've ended up correcting it because of "rules". :)

Reactions: PJM

Most reactions

New Topics

Back