Key Lime Pie

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Decided to document my key lime pie adventure yesterday. I tried my best, without pulling out too much gear. I'm happy to hear some c&c on these!

Here's what I think could be improved with more time and effort.
A) no curtains in the background. Too many lines.
B) I should have saved an UNzested lime for the slice shot. (Oops)
C) 12 inch tile countertops are not very photogenic.

1) cutting board in the background, windows behind and far camera right. Reflector to the front right.
18489610255_3775e59ff5_z_d.jpg

2)
18301893590_9541bdf4c0_z_d.jpg

3) by the time the pie was chilled and ready to eat, the room was pretty dark, and my reflector was no where to be found. Sadly, I had to do some major shadow recovery to even things out.
18301893260_aec6fda144_z_d.jpg

Looks like a good pie was turned out. I like the pile of lime zest to start this off! I've never made this type of pie...looks like some work is involved. I like the pile of line peels, after they'd be zested then juiced. I wish there was one more photo

I've never had key lime pie, but that last photo made my mouth water!

Haven't had key lime pie in such a long time! Looks delicious! Omnomnom!

Looks like a good pie was turned out. I like the pile of lime zest to start this off! I've never made this type of pie...looks like some work is involved. I like the pile of line peels, after they'd be zested then juiced. I wish there was one more photo
Thanks Derrel! It certainly was delicious. The most time consuming part is zesting/juicing the little limes. Other than the the crust was just graham crackers and butter, (yes, I cheated and used crackers) the filling is lime juice/zest, sour cream and condensed milk. Easy as....well, pie!

I agree about needing another photo, there is a connection missing from lime to pie. Maybe a batter shot? A crust shot? I did take a whole pic shot, but it didn't turn out well at all.

I've never had key lime pie, but that last photo made my mouth water!

You are really missing out! Extra tangy, not too sweet. It's an easy favorite.

Haven't had key lime pie in such a long time! Looks delicious! Omnomnom!

Thank you!!

nice idea
Thanks!

Hey...I kind of LIKE the butter and crushed graham cracker type crusts for cheesecakes and pies!!! No shame in that!!! I make a mean cherry cheescake that way!

Most reactions

Back