nmasters

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,
My grandpa and I just returned from a road trip from Atlanta to Key West. We drove down the gulf coast of Florida to the Keys and then up the east coast back home! The trip was very exciting!

The trip was also a great opportunity to practice my photography. I took all kinds of photos from landscapes in the Everglades to street photography in South Beach!
For now I'll post photos in chunks for some c&c.
Here are my top 5 from Key West:

All were shot with Nikon D5100

$image-2632092484.jpg

Shot with 18-55 at 18mm ISO100 f9 10sec

$image-2651949961.jpg

Shot with Mamiya Sekor 80mm 2.8 f2.8 ISO100 1/400

Then 3,4, and 5 from left to right.

Attachments

• $image-74028159.jpg
    $image-74028159.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 144
  • $image-228188205.jpg
    $image-228188205.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 153
  • $image-2082952457.jpg
    $image-2082952457.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
snapshot, shapshot, EPIC PHOTOGRAPH, snapshot, snapshot

No really, I love that third image. It cold definitely use some more PP...that first wall behind the cannon has some overexposure on the LHS, and maybe some work could be done to the foreground wall on both sides, but all-in-all, I love this image. VERY nice composition, very interesting, lots of interesting elements combine for a great photograph. Good work, bud.

Here is my take.... a very quick edit. Cropped some off the bottom, exposure adjustments throughout. It actually looks darker now that it is posted, but no time to go back and re-edit, but you get the idea. Just darkened the bright areas, lightened some of the dark.

Attachments

• $Untitled-1.jpg
    $Untitled-1.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 148
Funny, I have shot 3 from my trip to Key West. I think it's the best of the bunch.
Did you get this one? It was at the other end of the hallway by the windows.....=)
6696064459_03b423413f.jpg

Here is my take.... a very quick edit. Cropped some off the bottom, exposure adjustments throughout. It actually looks darker now that it is posted, but no time to go back and re-edit, but you get the idea. Just darkened the bright areas, lightened some of the dark.
Hmmm, i reckon that the epic pic shouldnt be touched anymore. the edit kinda blends the textures together, and elimintating the shadows, i think the original is better. As it distinguishes the different halls better

Funny, I have shot 3 from my trip to Key West. I think it's the best of the bunch.
Did you get this one? It was at the other end of the hallway by the windows.....=)
6696064459_03b423413f.jpg

this looks like it would make a killer hdr, if you have the raw file drop it in photomatix and do a single file hdr see if it makes it pop more...

charlie76 said:

I feel like it needs a bit more contrast. I'll run the photo through Silver Efex and see how it comes out. Thanks for your input though!

I agree that #3 is the best of the bunch... and I would have liked #4 if you had shot it vertically, and not clipped the mirrors.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back