kiddos . . . unconventional portraits

newrmdmike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so these are the kids of some of my families friends. they happen to own several of melnakovs paintings and prints, one of which reminded them of their son (the one with the doors). after hearing this i took this picture of that son in a very similar way.

jakepaint2.jpg

here is the other son, and this pretty accuratly describes him.

evan.jpg

I love the first! I would be more fond of the second if he wasn't wearing such an era-specific shirt? Does that sound stupid? I guess I just am a big sucker for timeless attire in photographs.

I really like #1. I moved these over to our people gallery.

i must say mike, i think number 1 is one of the best portraits i've seen from you. very nice processing too :thumbup:

what did you use to light that, if you don't mind me asking? both, actually.

#1....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:. I keep looking at it. Gorgeous.

pascal

Another vote for the first shot. :)

thanks everyone, and daniel, both using existing in house lights.

the last one i just put him right next to/under a lamp (you can see the base of it far left) and in the first one there were lights on the walls on either sides of the doors, and i added a little fill with my id light.

The first one is stunning.... and im diggin the work of that artist, my kinda stuff :thumbup: .... i see it already has a POTM nomination, so i dont need to add it... but i would have if danalec99 didnt beat me to it ;)

wow, thanks guys, and thanks for the nominations! but again, remember that its a recreation of igor's!

Love the first one.. its such a eye catching shot.. and it does envoke emotion for me anyhow!!..and mystery as well

Most reactions

New Topics

Back