Bogdan Dinca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.seriadevineri.com
a series of 5 portraits - http://www.seriadevineri.com/blog.php?nr=11

here is one of them. what do you think?

IMG_2855-01small2.jpg

I think they are pretty good. Freckles here is my favorite, but I really like them all.

I agree: Freckles is my favorite, but I do like them all. I like the style, also. It works very well for me.

I like the shots, too.

A couple of little things:
The eyelashes of the boy in the jean jacket show sharpening artifacts.
In the freckles image, the tip if her nose is in focus and her one eye is in focus. I don't think they are on the same plane, so it has a very weird distorting effect on the image for me. Did you blur the image using Photoshop, or maybe sharpen just her eye? Having at least one eye sharp can be important, but if it doesn't jive with the rest of the image, it can look weird.

I liked all the photos. But the lil boy in the cap is my favorite. For some reason I tend to like photo's of kids caught when they aren't lookin directly at the camera. Same with grown ups too. I'd rather catch them while they are busy concentrating on somethin whether it's work or play, and shoot photo's then.

markc said:
I like the shots, too.

A couple of little things:
The eyelashes of the boy in the jean jacket show sharpening artifacts.
In the freckles image, the tip if her nose is in focus and her one eye is in focus. I don't think they are on the same plane, so it has a very weird distorting effect on the image for me. Did you blur the image using Photoshop, or maybe sharpen just her eye? Having at least one eye sharp can be important, but if it doesn't jive with the rest of the image, it can look weird.

I only used PS for contrast, colors, stuff like that. DOF is the result of the aperture. However, I agree with you it might look a bit weird

Most reactions

Back