TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mikelemovitz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Critique would be greatly appreciated!

[video=vimeo;46402206]https://vimeo.com/46402206[/video]

The laugh at the end feels wrong, and the line actually makes it a little worse. It feels like it negates the rest of the video, to be honest.

Otherwise, it's pretty nice. Not sure where you'd place this, though. Does this get editing into 15, 30, 60 second spots for local TV, or what? It's in a sort of weird zone between "a commercial" and "a little documentary" but it could clearly be cut into a commercial pretty easily.

Good job, looks great. Particular love the framing on the guy himself.

Two little niggles though:

1. Sound is half the viewing experience when watching video, the backing track needs to be mixed more with the edit. As soon as he's done talking on the voiceover, increase the backing track volume slightly. There's a large gap from 00:33 - 43:00 and 01:09 - 01:16, I thought he was going to say something else during those parts, but he didn't. By increasing the backing track slightly in-between these long conversation cuts, it will flow much better.

2. The laugh at the end. Have to agree with Amolitor here. I know why you added it as it's nice capturing legitimate smiles and laughs, unfortunately what he says detracts from why the video has been created in the first place.

Other than those small things I really enjoyed it :) and look forward to seeing more of your work.

I agree with both Sam and Amo. Laugh at the end kills the set up. The line at the end almost sounds like a sales pitch and isn't the way to end it. Maybe a customer testamonial at some point? All in all, really good video though. Nice editing work.

Great shots and nice edit. Looks polished. I would slow the 2nd glide shot at :11 down a tad & take out the dip to black at :47.

the end killed it for me,it was really nice but then at the end it just seemed like it was all just a big joke and the sound seems a little off parts are louder then the others but it

Yes...get rid of that laugh at the end...that's counter-productive...he's so earnest and straight-talking in the entire video, which is too "slow", and needs to be tightened up and SPED UP!...and then at the end there's the laugh bit...uhhh...no, that's gotta go. Not sure how this got by me until today.

Thanks for the replies, all. To answer the question about where it'll go, it's for his about page on his website, and his Google places page.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back