Killing Creativity Before it is Birthed

benjikan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Killing Creativity Before it is Birthed

This question was asked on a forum I frequent and I felt compelled to reply with the following response. But first the question…

“I’m looking for ideas or concepts such as ‘Trash the Dress’, or ‘his shirt your way’. What other great ideas are there that You know about? This could keep people busy!..”

I will keep this brief. Asking others to give you idea’s will only diminish the credibility of your expression and invalidate your own id. You are giving up on yourself before you have actually begun the process of being creative by doing so. Throw out every preconceived notion you have ever had and let yourself flow. Write anything down that comes to mind, don’t be afraid of yourself and your idea’s. We are often our worst enemies. Most people stymie themselves by criticizing their idea’s before they can be fully realized.

Write EVERYTHING down that comes to mind, even if it has nothing to do with a photo shoot, a painting, a design or anything that requires creative solutions. It does not matter. Keep doing so to eventually unlock your true potential. Eventually ideas will begin flowing unencumbered. Just DON’T pre-judge yourself…PERIOD.

Benjamin Kanarek Blog » Killing Creativity Before it is Birthed

Sometimes its like a muse. You get one idea, and even though you don't use that one, it gets you thinking of ways to modify it and make it your own, or come up with something entirely different.

Also, some people (unfortunately) are unsure of themselves to try stuff that's new. We as humans are very critical, and for putting such a high importance on originality sure do rip on those why try it and fail.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back