Kind of OT, need advice

jowensphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Basically, my mother in law is driving me bat **** crazy.

Her oldest son and I had a baby in early November. MIL knows that I'm handy with a camera; since my little one was born, it has been non stop demands for photos from her.

I give her at least one new print every time she and FIL visit. Which is like, every other week. Enough photos to have on hand to show off to friends, family, etc. And certainly enough to gauge how much my daughter has changed/grown.

How do you all (specifically those with kiddos) deal with family demanding photos? I'm not on facebook, so MIL now wants access to my flickr, and I'm not sure if I really want her on there.

I'm so irritated, and we are seeing them tonight... I know she'll bring it up.

BTW, posted this in a different forum that is specifically geared toward inlaw problems. Thought it might be nice to get a different perspective.

Woah, woah, woah... there's a purchase print feature on flickr?!

I feel as though I was blind, but now I see!

...or is that something I need to do on a different hosting site? I don't have a website since I don't really have the need for one (yet!).

most online printing places you can share with family so they can order prints. You can even put password on it. You cant make profit though. You have to use websites like zenfolio or smugmug if you want to earn profit.

you don't want your mother in law looking at your flicker account, yet you have a link in your signature for everyone else in the world to look.. :scratch:

Maybe set up a FB page just for your little one? This way se can see pics anytime she likes where she is a Friend?

If you don't want her on your flickr maybe set up another account just for her. I started using picasa and it is great. You can send a link to an album or just one photo. If you send the photo link its all they can see, if you send the album link they can see everything in that album. Anyway, she can order prints from there too! Thru shutterfly. I love it! Grandmas like tons of pics :) I'm actually going to be in trouble this afternoon b/c my mom is coming over and I didn't get any printed! Oops, bad daughter haha

I don't mind people looking at it... any other family member is fine. I just really can't stand that woman. Giving in to her petty demands isn't an option (even if that's petty of me).

Not trying to make a profit, would just like to make her life as difficult as she makes mine.

No the FB thing. Facebook is just not for me, in any way, shape or form.

I get that GP's like photos, but this lady is ridic. My own parents are completely grateful that I take the time to take the photos, print them, and give them to them. Some people are just never happy!

I realise that she may be a very annoyting lady and drive you bat crazy. But wanting boatloads of photos of her grandbaby is 100% normal.

It's normal, yeah. But her behavior is not. I give her photos every other week, and she just wants more.

She's being a selfish *****, IMO.

I realise that she may be a very annoyting lady and drive you bat crazy. But wanting boatloads of photos of her grandbaby is 100% normal.

Me on the other hand, I dont really enjoy seeing snap shots of kids people share on TPF lol.

Me on the other hand, I dont really enjoy seeing snap shots of kids people share on TPF lol.

uhhh ya, sorry about that! :lol:

Most reactions

Back