Kinderdijk

erinkay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all.

I am new to the photo forum and excited to join in! I was in the Netherlands recently & got some photos of windmills in the most beautiful pre-sunset light. I feel like I often am unsure of what edits I should make in photoshop to improve my pictures. I'd love opinions on what editing you would do & also just on the photographs themselves, as I am still an amateur. But these are a few of my favorite shots from the bunch.

Thanks for your critiques!

Critiques? Anyone?
#2 is my pick. I like pictures with some magic in it. Magic is here, however composition maybe arguable.
#1 Nice landscape, level the horizon and it will be fine.
#3 I don't feel the same you feel in that view.
#4 Not bad, I just don't like the house roof sticking from the bottom edge. It doesn't help at all. But I know, it was there.

#3 is pretty and nice but I wouldn't know what it was without the context if the other shots. Number 2 is also my pick.

Erin,
IMG_3414: I like that picture, you can cool the strong highlight of the back lit scene there using a 'Levels' slider-type tool if you have one in your photo editing software. Reducing the 'output' value of the highlights from 255 down to, say, about 235 might improve the look of that for you.

IMG_3394 could maybe use a slight boost in colour saturation; it really depends on how you want it to look, the colour saturation looks quite natural to me, as shown here.

Ha ! Where are your photos of that windmills ? :lol:

Here: Reinier van Antwerpen - Kinderdijk, testing out the Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX DG

This was at the start of this month. ;)
I'll probably go again soon for a test-run with my new fisheye. ^^
Nice, but I am waiting for the fisheye action. That will be more interesting. :D

Here you go: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/landscape-cityscape/353742-kinderdijk.html

Thanks for link.
Nice, clean pictures, but too "official" for me. I though, that with such a short lens you will get real close and pull some spectacular space bending effects from that glass. #2 and 6 are close to it.

Most reactions

Back