King L Anderson

W.Y.Photo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Can you tell he's related to Bob Marley?

Leedan002.jpg

Leedan001.jpg

C+C Welcome and appreciated!! :icon_thumleft:

Gorgeous.

The first photo looks like it could use a little boost in contrast, but that's just my personal taste.

Thanks Dan!! It's been awhile. I'm sure I've missed some of your amazing work while I was gone.

That second shot is right on.....nicely done.

Dave

Very nice. I kind of wish #2 was cropped a little looser but otherwise good job. Just curious, how did you get these skin tones?

Very nice. I kind of wish #2 was cropped a little looser but otherwise good job. Just curious, how did you get these skin tones?

So this was a continuous fluorescent bulb with a softbox in our photobooth at a nightclub.. That blue cast in the first image is just what my camera was coming up with on Auto White balance.. Which is basically a little bit of blue and green added in from a proper whitebalance. The second shot is the same type of light but with my correction of that color cast (which based on my preference still has a slight blue hint)

(Also I was shooting Nikon which always looks a lot less Red than Canon)

Ah gotcha. What did Auto put the WB at? Just curious because I always have an issue with leaving too much red/orange in darker skin tones.

Lightroom has it at Temp: 4150 and Tint: +3

My best recommendation for solving that issue is to go overboard in the opposite direction, leave it there, leave your computer for 15-30 minutes, and then come back and fix it up. If I'm staring at an image that's too warm or cool for a long enough time I can never really perfect it until I "reset" my eyes to it.

Thanks for the approval guys :1219:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back