Kinkaku-ji: Kyoto

that1guy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Kinkakuji2.jpg

It has been a very long time since i posted a picture of mine here. Please enjoy any C&C welcome/appreciated.

Tucked away in the heart of Kyoto. This Ancient treasure just waits for all to take its picture. IT was actually quite challenging to take since we cannot use tripods in the area. there literally hundreds of tourists pushing you aside impatiently trying to snap photos with their,iPhones,iPads,point and shoots, mirrorless,and DSLRS. I compromised as much as i could and set this on one of the beams and set the timer and hoped none bumped my camera. :)

| Camera: Canon 5D MKIII | Lens: Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM | Focal length: 32mm | Exposure: 1/800 | Aperture: f/8.0 | ISO: 400 | Flash: N/A | Software: Adobe Lightroom / Photoshop / Photomatix |

... IT was actually quite challenging to take since we cannot use tripods in the area. there literally hundreds of tourists pushing you aside impatiently trying to snap photos with their,iPhones,iPads,point and shoots, mirrorless,and DSLRS. I compromised as much as i could and set this on one of the beams and set the timer and hoped none bumped my camera. :)
I remember that :)

Wow! LOVE it!

It looks so serene! :1251:

thank you all! :)

thank you all

I like this great processing. One thing I would try to to in post is separate the foreground greenery from the background greenery…. I think this would give it more depth to the image.

Gorgeous! Love the colors. One minor remark, it seems the building is a bit slanted to the left.

PhotoriousMe said:
You nailed it! Well done.

Dave

I missed this shot the first time around. Dave's right--you nailed this shot! Looks wonderful. Lovely.

Most reactions

Back