Kinsman Falls, NH White Mountains

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had a great time photohiking with some friends yesterday up in the Whites. This waterfall is along the Basin Cascades Trail in the Lincoln/Franconia Notch area. This is a single shot, Fuji XT2 and 16-80mm at 16mm, f/13 ISO 200 1/5. Comments and suggestions for improvement always welcome.

Kinsman Falls, NH White Mountains by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Beautiful shot. Love how you have used the light and the shade and the long exposure on the water. I want to go there.

Taking picture of waterfalls I find doesn't always come out as seen ... you did a great job on capturing the atmosphere of the scene.

I love the mood the shot creates. The foreground may be a touch too dark but it works very, very well the way it is.

Beautiful shot. Love how you have used the light and the shade and the long exposure on the water. I want to go there.

Thank you. I was debating the water as I don’t always love the long exposure waterfall shots but with the larger falls being so far back I needed that white look to draw the eye. I took a few at a faster ss but the falls fade into the background
Taking picture of waterfalls I find doesn't always come out as seen ... you did a great job on capturing the atmosphere of the scene.

Thank you very much!

Lovely shot.....

Thanks…

I love the mood the shot creates. The foreground may be a touch too dark but it works very, very well the way it is.

Thank you. I darkened the foreground to draw the eye in to the back of the photo. I like the look of the foreground when the shadows are raised a bit but they make the overall photo a bit too busy in the front and take away from the color and light by the falls.

I'm not sure how that could be better. I love being in places like that and you've captured the feelings I get quite nicely. Very nice image.

I'm not sure how that could be better. I love being in places like that and you've captured the feelings I get quite nicely. Very nice image.
Thanks very much Pete. It really was a beautiful spot and we were fortunate that the rainy and foggy day kept a lot of people away from what is normally a very busy trail. There were others around but you can't see them as we risked our butts ending up in the mud when we climbed down a pretty slippery bank to get this unobstructed view. Everyone else was up on the main trail which has visibility to the falls but too many tree limbs in the way.

Reactions: PJM
Pleasant enough set.

Understatement? Sarcasm? Just upping your post count?
For real? None of the above. Maybe I should have just put 'nice shot'. Plenty folk do that to 'up their post count.' I rarely do.

I'm not surprised however, offence is taken when none was intended. Seems to be the way.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back