Kirk's Gators

PJM

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's been a while since we have seen k9kirk or any of his gator pics. So, while visiting Myakka Park I thought I would get a couple. Due to low water and hurricane damage I couldn't get very close to them so these will have to do.
PM2_0159.jpeg

PM2_0162.jpeg

Nice! No swimming allowed?

k9kirks absence is a mystery...?
No longer a mystery. I ran into him on another photo forum a few days ago. Apparently, he has been banned from the forum for something he said. What a shame. His photos and posts were some of the best here. People need to quit wearing their emotions on their sleeves.

No longer a mystery. I ran into him on another photo forum a few days ago. Apparently, he has been banned from the forum for something he said. What a shame. His photos and posts were some of the best here. People need to quit wearing their emotions on their sleeves.
Good to hear he's ok. Didn't know he'd been banned tho. Shame.

Emailed him a few times but got no response.

I'm not going to get into the details. Maybe the moderators will chime in.

We've had sightings as far north as the TN border in our lakes. Last week I saw something behind our place that looked like about a 6ft one, but he disappeared before I could get a good look.

Strange coincidence, I was just thinkin this morning about not seeing K9 on the forum. I don't recall any of his posts being overly controversial.

We've had sightings as far north as the TN border in our lakes. Last week I saw something behind our place that looked like about a 6ft one, but he disappeared before I could get a good look.

Strange coincidence, I was just thinkin this morning about not seeing K9 on the forum. I don't recall any of his posts being overly controversial.
There have been sightings in the lagoon here but only way off in the distance so no photo opportunities.

Apparently it doesn't take much. I got pinged once for a comment that was quite mild by standards of other forums I posted in.

I got banned from FB for a week because I noted on a photo excursion that I would shoot him a big raspberry (referring to a dude who kept photobombing everyone else). Obviously the FB police have no photographers onboard.

I have found on here that there is a great deal of leniency in how the admins handle "bickering," but not so much if it gets nasty regardless of the who or why it got that way. Also, editing a distinctly "Not Okay to Edit," will get your butt in the proverbial wringer.

Easier, just to be nice. :)

I thought you were referring to Kirk... 😂

I got banned from FB for a week because I noted on a photo excursion that I would shoot him a big raspberry

The big no no is "shoot". It's like the "bomb" word on an airplane. The wrath of FB came down on me once because I posted on a friend's picture of his daughter that I'd like to "shoot her in studio". To their credit once I explained that they'd taken the word out of context and that it was a common expression used by photographers, they overturned my jail sentence. 😎 just an FYI on FB, violations are cumulative, increasing in severity. It's always advisable to contest their violations, rather than ignore them.

This is not true. I don't know why he isn't posting here these days, but his account isn't banned.

Take a look here. This is just a random thread I pulled up that he posted in. A banned account will show a strike through a username. As you can see that isn't the case.

He may be unhappy with the forum for his own reasons. Things happen; folks move on.

But to spread an untruth isn't cool. Look at the editorial judgments being made based on this. His account is open and he could post here anytime.

Most reactions

Back