KISS/Aerosmith shots

Crazymainer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi All,

Here are two shots I took two years ago.

KN001012.jpg

KN002071.jpg

I look forward in hearing your comments.

Cheers Crazymainer

Nice tight zooms, but the fog or whatever they had in between you and the stage really holds these shots back. They look very washed out or underexposed. Also, there's quite a bit of digital noise--they look like they were shot at ISO 1600 or thereabouts. The face is well lit, all things considered, but the shots are still pretty static--I'd like to see them follow the rule of thirds a bit more or much tighter crops--the negative space doesn't seem to have a purpose.

Hi Shark,

The problem with Aerosmith is they set the rule on how were and when you can shot them. First No flash, second No movement and believe it or not I was told I could only use my 70-210MM nothing closer. As for film speed I was using 1000 ISO that I push one stop.

Like I said these are the one's I did'nt use for my article the one's I used I can't post for another year.

Cheers Crazymainer

Yeah, I forgot about how picky ppl tend to be at concerts. Tha sucks. These are great shots for having to shoot within such stringent limitations. I wonder how much they could be cleaned up in PS.

I'd be thrilled if I walked away with these. It's too common a practice now not to allow ANY photography to these shows. So I'd agree: for the limits placed upon you, you did very well. I'm sure these could be cleaned up considerably in PS and then you have a great concert memory. Nicely done!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the nice remarks, just to let you know I shoot for a local rock Mag here in New England and I also free-lance for some online stuff.

Most of the Big-Time guys make it next to impossiable to bring a camera in.

But I shot Sonic Youth last Sunday and they encourage everyone to bring in video,cameras and I even saw some taping stuff.

I've been shooting in Northern New England for a few years so I can get into most Concerts because I have a good relations with Clear Channal.

My only problem other then the what I have said, is I wish I had brought a fish-eye with me and I should have change my filters to a lighter-one.

Once again thanks for the kind words.

Cheers Crazymainer

Most reactions

Back