Kite boarder

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My favoured subjects tend to be fairly static, so this shot is outside my natural territory. On the day I took it I was photographing sand dunes! But, this guy was racing up and down, and I fired off a few shots with the 40-150 before a rain storm sent me running back to the car. What a difficult subject to catch, and to frame! But, nothing ventured, nothing gained :D

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Kite-boarder-2.jpg

Great shot I find it hard to capture moving subjects :thumbup:

Thanks Ab$olut & Runninglance. Though this looks like a shot taken on a windy August afternoon, it is a shot from yesterday, on the Lancashire coast, taken during a spell of sunlight that temporarily appeared between the succession of rain showers blowing in off the sea. The camera always lies! The kiteboarder certainly seemed to be enjoying himself in a wet and cold sort of way!

Regards, Tony

That is pretty neat. I have never done that before but it does look like fun.

Well you ended up framing it perfectly nice shot. That really does look like fun I used to watch those guys at the beach

Nice shot tb2. Great capture with the kite directly overhead. I tried getting some of the kite surfers down in Devon last September, but the kites never seemed to be directly overhead, either physically or from perspective. The choice of crop just fits your image perfectly, and the light is fantastic. :thumbup:

David

Only once have I see some kite boarders on the North Sea off the coast near Cuxhaven and my attempts to photograph them or their action are mere snapshots against your photo here. You made the absolute most of the one beam of sunlight shining through, thus "making the camera lie" ;). And the crop, as has been said, works wondes!

Thanks for the kind comments folks. I think I got lucky with this, my first attempt at an "action" shot. Most of my other efforts were more like this - nice colour and contrast, but short on action!

Regards, Tony

Kite-boarder-3.jpg

Awww, but this one is ver cool, too! What with the "crescent moon" of red in an otherwise all blue-and-white picture. Neat!!!
And the WAVES are cool!!!

Most reactions

Back