Kiwi Roadtrip I - Extreme 56K beligerence!

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What a great day today was, I woke up this good friday and head up north to Tawharanui Penisula and ended the photographic day on the opposite end in Okahokara Penisula and found a wicked little community called Tapora. Tomorrow I am taking road trip II there!

I did feel horrible though, i ran over a takeha which is an enangered bird :shock:, but i was only driving 35K and the damn bird decide to play chicken with the my diesel engine. Needless to say i saw a plume of black feathers in the review mirror :cry: shhhh don't tell anyone!!!

Here are some pics I took today. Enjoy!!!

017.jpg

030.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

048.jpg

004.jpg

050.jpg

Holy moly! Such beautiful shots of such beautiful areas. Very nicely done. I love the colors and lighting, and those 2 B&Ws of the graveyard, WONDERFUL! You've given me such very nice images to dream about, as I'm about to hit the sack soon as I finish my tea, thank you. :)

Beautiful work, Mark. My favorites are the rainbow, the sand dune, and the last one.

The rainbow and the path compliment each other brilliantly. I'm thinking a slightly different crop might help it, but I'm not sure where yet.

The contrast in the sand and the clouds in the dune image is spot on. I just love it. This is probably my favorite one.

I meantioned the last one in the other thread, but I'll just repeat here that I think an almost square crop would be a good idea for that one. Again, the contrast and the light just grab me.

mmm mmm mmm. as usual, your work just blows me away. you've probably mentioned this before, but what camera are you using? looks like a wide angle lens- 15 mm? in at least a few shots 1,2,4,5,&7.
#8- is this a ps blend of 2 images? if not, man, i bow down to your technical expertise (well, i bow to you anyway), and this leads to a question: how the hell do you get the foreground, midground, and horizon to be so sharp, all at once? it almost looks like baffles manipulation in a lf cam...

These are incredible - I love the colors - do you do/use anything special or do any tweaking in PS do achieve such rich colors, or do they come that way straight from the camera? These are awesome.

Simply amazing von. The second one has a nice semi-spherical effect between the rainbow and road, but the one that really caught my eye was the last one with the log. The detail and sharpness in the center where the shore meets the water is truely amazing! The lighting off the water is very good too. On my Toshiba it usually gets washed out or ends up being too dull. Good work Mark.

Wow.

It's images like this that make me realise that I still have an entire world of learning to do. :oops:

Thanks. This is good motivation to get out and take some photos after work. :D

Hey Mark, are you ever going to figure this photo stuff out? :lol

Super shots, as usual, but... what the hell is that thing in the pole chair supposed to be??!?!? :?:

Man i can only hope ot shoot something that good in the future... somday maybe.... im sure when i learn my equipment i will start produceing some cool shots but i dont think ill do anythign liek u did for a very very very long time...

looks like a wide angle lens- 15 mm? in at least a few shots 1,2,4,5,&7.

Keen eye there, mr. toby.. you are correct.

#8- is this a ps blend of 2 images? if not, man, i bow down to your technical expertise (well, i bow to you anyway), and this leads to a question: how the hell do you get the foreground, midground, and horizon to be so sharp, all at once? it almost looks like baffles manipulation in a lf cam...

nope, one image. count it as a lucky shot. My new 15mm-30mm wide angle has been supersharp. There was no unsharp mask applied in any of my images, unlike my tamron lens.

- I love the colors - do you do/use anything special or do any tweaking in PS do achieve such rich colors, or do they come that way straight from the camera?

I saturate in pshop about 15-20. But this only helps if you have rich lighting. I spent 10 hours photographing that day, so i increased my chances of finding the right lighting for these pics. Also my new lens is very colour friendly too! I am quite pleased :)

Are those graveyard photos infrared?
Keen eye again. Actually, they are not, but a added a bit of 'diffuse glow' filter in pshop to give them a bit of that infrared glow, especially on the second one.

what the hell is that thing in the pole chair supposed to be??!?!?
ah... if you visited the photo locations forum you would know ;) Its actually a really wierd garden at the end of a long long long long (did i mention long?) road. Some artist painted driftwood all sort of colours and made sculptures out of them. Also whatever was washed ashore become part of the artwork, as this fellow here is! The was actually a tree decorated with many different shoes that had washed ashore, but this pic is my fav.

Thanks everyone for your kind words :)

Most reactions

Back