Knife pictures

Plankton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, just getting geared up for my d40 coming in the mail (as we speak!) I took a few pictures of some of my knives with my panasonic 3mp P&S. how do you like?

knifecolored.jpg

pukkoleukko.jpg

they look rugged, manly, gritty, grizzly cabin like. Cool. You look like you are going to take some great pics

The first one is very interesting. The second one has too much noise and looks out of focus.

Try lowring the ISO and legthen the shutter speed. Dont forget to use a tripod!

Youll have fun with a D40, its a nice caemra.

I cant wait untill I get a digital SLR. Ive been saving for 2 years now for a D300. Im trying to force myself to get a used or refurbed or new D70 or D90.

The first one is very interesting. The second one has too much noise and looks out of focus.

Try lowring the ISO and legthen the shutter speed. Dont forget to use a tripod!

Youll have fun with a D40, its a nice caemra.

I cant wait untill I get a digital SLR. Ive been saving for 2 years now for a D300. Im trying to force myself to get a used or refurbed or new D70 or D90.

Thanks guys,

Unfortunately Neither of those can be changed on my P&S so I'm stuck with auto settings until Wednesday:mrgreen:

My edit is finally working...

EDIT:

Take 2 on knife picture 2 "pukko and Leukko"
P1080764.jpg

Last edited:
I like these pictures. A little blood splatter might make it look even better, but don't go hurting yourself on my account.:mrgreen:

the first one looks nice ... the 2nd one completely ruins it for the first 1

I like the first one a lot, and that is a cool looking knife, btw. It looks well used. I wish the tip of it was in the frame though...

Cool, thanks for the kind words and feedback. So the second doesn't really seem to do anything for you guys huh? Any reason why? as I like that one a bit.

@OlllllllO: Yeah, I would like the tip to be in there too, unfortunately that was my mistake in taking the picture taking: here is the original I was working from http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n196/wazog/P1080338.jpg

As you can see that is the only crop that makes sense in my mind at least.

Oh yeah and the knife is my great grandfathers, around 100 years old. :D

cheers

So the second doesn't really seem to do anything for you guys huh? Any reason why?

It just seems kinda weak comapred to the first one to me. It's just "a picture of a knife", while the first one is has something else going on.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back