Knock on wood...........

Photovision

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
:banghead: This has got to one of the few sites where people are actually nice. How does that happen?:) I have read other forums ranging from weather to police scanners and automotive. On most other forums many people are arrogant and rude because they can hide on the net. Here, something is bringing out the best. I don't know if its the mods or the people on here. But whatever it is, keep it up.

I think more than anything it is a true appreciation of art and a genuine desire to learn and improve.
And the fact that many members are not only Internet-friends but also friends in the real world. The meet-ups have obviously contributed to building this great "family".
I really like visiting here daily (ok, more than daily). It gets me started in the morning and keeps me up too late at night...

We actually put members through a heavy pre-screening process...

...wait, Hertz?? How did YOU get back in here?! :mrgreen: :lol:

I think we've been lucky with the quality of people who have joined our site and a lot of mod work goes on behind the scenes to keep things running as smoothly as possible. We have our share of problems, like any other large sites out there, but I will definitely take your observation as a compliment to all of our members and to my mod team!

Chase said:
We actually put members through a heavy pre-screening process...

I think we've been lucky with the quality of people who have joined our site and a lot of mod work goes on behind the scenes to keep things running as smoothly as possible. We have our share of problems, like any other large sites out there, but I will definitely take your observation as a compliment to all of our members and to my mod team!

That sounds nice and all... but I still think it's the tranquilisers like Hertz said... :wink:

I think aswell (apart from the medication.... did i mention i love everything.... and everyone.... the smilies are talking to me)... a photo is a personal thing to show someone.... so instead of just being a chat forum, were you get alot of people hiding behind masks and generally being lairy, its alot more open and honest to as who you really are and how you see the world. Thats my arty farty way of looking at it anyway, photos are more telling than a few words, and of course photos are the most important thing here. :mrgreen:

Chase said:
I palmed a spoon during lunch and dug a tunnel in the night.
I suppose this will mean another month in solitary....

I'm pretty rude and arrogant, but I make up for it with great pictures and stunning good looks.

Plus I don't mind begging for forgiveness from time to time.

One of the mods also has a crush on me.

*waves at terri*

And sure enough, Photovision, some parts of this board (or beliefs of members) are sustained by a lot of wishful thinking... :roll:

Archangel said:
I think aswell (apart from the medication.... did i mention i love everything.... and everyone.... the smilies are talking to me)... a photo is a personal thing to show someone.... so instead of just being a chat forum, were you get alot of people hiding behind masks and generally being lairy, its alot more open and honest to as who you really are and how you see the world. Thats my arty farty way of looking at it anyway, photos are more telling than a few words, and of course photos are the most important thing here. :mrgreen:

Well said Archie!!! : )

Photovision said:
:banghead: This has got to one of the few sites where people are actually nice. How does that happen?:) I have read other forums ranging from weather to police scanners and automotive. On most other forums many people are arrogant and rude because they can hide on the net. Here, something is bringing out the best. I don't know if its the mods or the people on here. But whatever it is, keep it up.

It's both.

Now lets all eat some special brownies and here's some :hug:: for all!

Archangel said:

Maybe that's part of it...but I'd think all photo forums would be that way then. I was a part of another photo forum for a while...and it was HORRIBLE. I luuuuvs this place though. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back