Know anything about this camera?

vintagecam94

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have recently run across an old box camera from the 1920's. It says it is a model 3A made by Burke and James. I really don't know much about box cameras, even though I also own two Brownies (A brownie Box No.1 and a brownie box flash six20) that are a part of the collection my boyfriend and I have together. Does anyone know anything about this camera? The tag at the camera store labeled it as "Large Box." That doesn't really tell me much.

Any help is appreciated :)

The "3A" refers to the negative size which is usually 3¼ x 5½" on size 122 film. B&J made box and folding cameras in several sizes. So did Kodak and others.

I have recently run across an old box camera from the 1920's. It says it is a model 3A made by Burke and James. I really don't know much about box cameras, even though I also own two Brownies (A brownie Box No.1 and a brownie box flash six20) that are a part of the collection my boyfriend and I have together. Does anyone know anything about this camera? The tag at the camera store labeled it as "Large Box." That doesn't really tell me much.

Any help is appreciated :)

Do you have a pic of it? I've not heard of this camera, and it's caught my attention.

Burke & James, Inc (Chicago) had a number of folding cameras of the 3A type ... though I am not sure about a box camera in 3A.

They made 3A box cameras too.

Unfortunately, I cannot post attachments, I assume because I am a new member. If anyone could direct to another method, I have plenty of pictures of it I could post.

I have a photobucket account, but i am still having trouble referencing the URL. If you are interested in looking at the photos of this camera, they are on my account on photobucket for vintagecam94

Most reactions

New Topics

Back