Know of any Kodachrome processors?

jon_k

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
North Richland Hills (Ft. Worth suburb) TX
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had the privilege to shoot some Kodachrome film and I'm wondering if theres any processors locally that can do it. I live in the Dallas TX metro area and can't find anyone. I've got a roll of film and can't go anywhere with it. The only option might be to develop myself, but I don't have the equipment.

Any ideas?

Where in the hell did you get Kodachrome?

Local store has never carried that.

EDIT: I see Freestyle photo carries it.
/purchase

I thought most of the Kodachrome labs has been closed down now - they had a few years back when I last shot the stuff (over 10 years ago). It always used to be process paid stuff and you'd mail it back to a Kodak run place. At the time, the UK used to be inconsistant, so even then I was sending it to Switzerland or Germany. I think an internet search is your best option, but don't be overly surprised if you end up sending it across a border somewhere.

Jon, if you take your Kodachrome to Kmart or Wal-mart or some sort of discount department store they should be able to send it out to Dwayne's for you. Or you could send it to them directly, though I don't recommend it. I take my Kodachrome to the local discounter (Fred Meyer), give it to them, they ship to Dwayne's, and get it back to the store for $7.50. That's a pretty good deal if you ask me.

Doobs: you can't find a local source of Kodachrome in Sac?? It seems like you should be able to..though I recall the last time I was in Frisco it was hard to come by.

Only 1 place in the world does it now?

And everyone ships the film to the one location?

I don't understand why, anyone have any idea why everyone else stopped processing this film? It's the best film ever regarded by some.

If this guy is the last one in the world he must be making a fortune off it.

---I don't understand why, anyone have any idea why everyone else stopped processing this film? It's the best film ever regarded by some.

If this guy is the last one in the world he must be making a fortune off it.

I’ve always heard that Kodachome processing uses some nasty chemicals. Also Kodachome 64 is the only version left. And with the way Kodak is dropping films it will be gone soon too. Most likely there can not be much of a market for it anymore.

Also it's a unique process to Kodachrome unlike C-41 or E6 that apply to dozens of films.

I usually send my Kodachrome directly to Dwayne's, and have been quite happy. I usually wait until I have at least four or five rolls to send, because at that point the shipping becomes very reasonable. For a single roll it probably seems expensive. I aways get my slides back at my doorstep within seven days of dropping them at the post office.

Dave

I still get my Kodachrome from B&H with the mailers. When I'm done with the roll I stick it in the mailer and send it off. Usually comes back in a week and a half or so.

I've still got some 200 and 64. I really like it for the fall colors. I hope Dwayne's keep processing it.

Doobs: you can't find a local source of Kodachrome in Sac?? It seems like you should be able to..though I recall the last time I was in Frisco it was hard to come by.

I know for sure CameraArts (http://cameraarts.net) right around the corner doesn't have it. I think their entire color stock consists of Ektachrome, a few rolls of HIE, Portra, and Velvia and some expired Provia. They carry minimal black and white stock as well. I suppose I could try searching some other stores around town.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back