Know Your Audience

I shoot just for me now and shoot whatever I feel. I dont share my images like I used to on the forums, and mostly keep almost all my stuff to myself now.

selfish one arn't we ;)

I think the point about sharing is important - I do enjoy sharing the results of my efforts and like all people I enjoy praise as well. In my position as a new photographer amateur I also try to get feedback to get better - early on I was very impressionable to others views which directed where I focused on, that is lessening off a bit and I am trying to develope along my own style.
The only problem being of course that I don't know specifically what style I am aiming for ;) - so its still very much experimentation and copycatting to see how things are done.

Well, it's a false assumption to assume that one would create and then share what they do not also love or appreciate themselves. I'm also not saying that it's just to please an audience.

If it's just to please the audience and the creator doesn't also like or appreciate it then the interaction between them would in all likelihood fail.

Picture an actor who liked to only stand on stage and look at the audience for an hour. He's doing ONLY what HE likes. Or the same thing in reverse - The audience wants to see him jump onto his head from a 5 foot ladder. If he does only what THEY want the show is over pretty soon or he'll stop doing the shows after awhile.

I thought this was obvious. No?

I would never assume that is why I asked:greenpbl:. So basically in photography it's like a dance. We have to give both ways for it to be a success.

this is a complicated question.

Since I am not a professional photographer, I only ask myself if I like it or not. But if someone love my pics, I am elated.

Who is my audience?
hmmmmmmm? Very deep Abraxas.
First of all since I don't provide a service for anyone, It's me!
Soon I will be going into a part time setting of doing work for other people, at that time it is the individual client.
My goal is to do shows of my work as an artist, at that point it will be the world.

Most reactions

Back