Kodacolor prints stuck together

grafxman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have some old (1960s) Kodacolor prints that got stuck together. They were stored in my garage and when I went on deployment a tree limb knocked a hole in the roof. The rain added a lot of moisture inside the garage and the Florida sun heated everything up so now I've got a mess. I've tried the freezer compartment and a wetting agent without success. Anybody here have any ideas?

I have some old (1960s) Kodacolor prints that got stuck together. They were stored in my garage and when I went on deployment a tree limb knocked a hole in the roof. The rain added a lot of moisture inside the garage and the Florida sun heated everything up so now I've got a mess. I've tried the freezer compartment and a wetting agent without success. Anybody here have any ideas?

Soak the photos that are stuck together in water for 15-30 min

How-To Tips | University Products

Yep. If they are Kodacolor prints (not ink jet) water won't hurt them.

Film Rescue International | Revealers Of Lost And Found Treasures I haven't used them but they have a good reputation. I've been able to salvage a darkroom print that got a water spatter on it that only affected the gloss (and not too long after I'd run it thru the fixer and rinse). I don't know if I'd try to tackle that much damage myself, but they could be salvageable.

(edit - I think I re-rinsed and re-squeegeed - I sometimes use blotter booklets, or squeegee well then let air dry flat; I concocted my own drying rack of sorts using a screen used for screen printing; I don't think I'd rinse and let air dry without either blotting or squeegeeing or both.)

Or maybe try the Eastman House for resources on restoration, or look at Home | Freestyle Photographic Supplies , they have resources/teaching info. on their website.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I've soaked a few of them in Kodak's Photo Flo 200 wetting agent and it did nothing but I'll try water next. Thanks a lot for the links.

Try warm water. It's the gelatin that is sticky.

Warm water and the bathroom sink....yes, been there, done that...kinda sucks, but otherwise, it'll peel the top layer right off down to the white paper base!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back