Kodak EasyShare Z710

perylousdemon

TPF owns my soul...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, all. I was wondering if anyone uses or has used the Kodak EasyShare Z710. It caught my eye today, and my boyfriend offered to buy it for my birthday, but I don't want him to waste his money. It looks like a fairly decent camera for just being a point and shoot, and it's definitely loads better than my Nikon Coolpix 3700. Also, I plan to eventually purchase a DSLR of some sort; since the Z710 offers manual control over aperture and shutter speed, I figure it'd be a good transition camera. Let me know what you think. :)

I'd get a used DSLR. Like a Canon Digital Rebel (or Rebel XT), a Nikon D40 or D50, A Pentax K100D. They are more expensive but they are too good of a stepup to wait for if you plan on one in the future anyway. They also have auto modes that'll STILL be superior than that of any P&S.

Ok no problem. One other hting I want to add is that if you bought an SLR, the fact that it is entry level would'nt matte roto much. the camera gives you plenty of options for expansion so the camera can grow as you do (more memory,lenses, external flash, filters, teleconverters, etc.). I suggest the Pentax 100D (about $600 new, probably $400 used) because it uses (with a few adapters) any pentax lens ever made, and old glass is considerably cheaper than newer stuff, but older zooms are something to beware of, I'd go with older primes and newer zooms.

From the looks of it, the Pentax is the most affordable camera on that list, new or used, but that'd work out well since my film SLR is a Pentax K1000 and the lenses I have for it are compatible with the K100D (as far as I can tell, anyway).

Haha, you totally read my mind. I already have a Pentax K1000 with a Pentax 50mm f/2 lens and a Vivitar 70-210mm zoom (same one you have, I believe), and I'm receiving a fisheye from my boyfriend's father shortly. The only problem is, I don't have that sort of money at the moment. That's part of the reason I was leaning towards the Kodak to begin with.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back