kodak instant camera?

asdjklfg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, yesterday I was going through my mom's closet and I found an old Kodak EK6 instant camera that belonged to my grandpa. Apparently it's from the 70's or something. I was doing some research on it and read somewhere that you can no longer buy the film for it. Does anyone know if this is true?

It's true. Polaroid sued Kodak and they had to quit selling the cameras, and manufacturing film. I believe Kodak ended up giving people some $$$ for their losses on buying the cameras.

I actually have a full unopened package of Kodak instant film. As far as I know it may be the only one in existance. Kodak had to destroy their stock of film. The film I have is dated 1979 so not even sure if it would work. I have a camera that can use it. But its just for the shelf now.

That sucks :grumpy:
The camera I have actually had some film in it when I found it. God knows how old it is. There isn't by any chance some other type of film that works, is there?

That sucks :grumpy:
Kodak had a campaign offering users $35 to turn in their camera as compensation for their purchase. Don't recall the exact year...early eighties?

I think it would be wise to dispose of the film in your camera as it may be hazardous to a child would might play with the camera or at best, it might cause damage to the camera which is worth keeping as a conversation piece.
I have one but don't recall if it had a chemical pod of developer in the film pack but likely does.

The film was self contained within each plastic image. Generally would not leak and even had a battery in the film pack for exposure meter and flash like the SX-70 packs. Generally it was a good system for what it was and it's a shame they had to quit production.

Most reactions

Back