Kodak introducing a new film

compur

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Kodak just announced a new color negative film, Ektar 100.

More info here.

I thought I would be first to post this.

I'm surprised kodak put the money into it ... but, God bless them.

I dearly loved the old Ektar and had a gross that I froze years ago. Just used the las a couple years back.

LWW

Nice!

They're putting money into the black and white side (my side) too- them T-MAX films (especially the new 400TMY) are about as "state of the art" as any film can be for an often intentionally lo-fi medium.

This is nice to hear, but where does one get processing these days that would do justice to this fine film, unless, of course, you do it yourself?

This is nice to hear, but where does one get processing these days that would do justice to this fine film, unless, of course, you do it yourself?

Its a standard C41 film, I personally have a great relationship with the photo tech at a Target store. The machines are clean, they change the chemicals, they offer Negatives only, and they wear gloves.

When I first started taking my film to them, they came back decent but not great. As I started talking to them more and more, and explaining to them what im after, they do a great job, no scratches, no finger prints, just good looking negs.

Ive heard similar stories with CVS, Walmart, and Costco's. It may take some effort and luck, but you can get good results from the chain 1 hour joints.

I'm in the same boat as randerson07, only I use Rite Aid (drug store 1hr photo). Film gets developed just fine for 3 bucks, and I scan all my negatives anyway, so it works for me.

Cool, i'll have to try it, but I still have yet to try the ektachromes.

So many good films, and so limited time and finances haha.

I'm in the same boat as randerson07, only I use Rite Aid (drug store 1hr photo). Film gets developed just fine for 3 bucks, and I scan all my negatives anyway, so it works for me.
The Rite Aid around me doesn't do film anymore.

How is Clark Photo Labs? Anyone ever use it?

Most reactions

Back