Kodak No. 1-A Autographic (w/ photos of the camera)

o hey tyler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
From what I can tell, this camera model was manufactured between 1914 and 1925. It takes 116 film and has an 130mm f/7.7 - f/45 lens with a fixed shutter speed. The viewfinder is a bit cloudy, but it looks like it can be cleaned with a tiny screwdriver and some isopropyl alcohol. The bellows has very few light leaks, but there are some pin pricks of light that get through. The red lens on the back for the film counter (?) is also missing, but if I ever wanted to run film through it, I could probably just duck tape it over right?

Here are some pics of it. Got it at a flea market for 12 bucks. Mostly for the antique beauty of it.

jB4f6juLgRwyT.jpg

jbb8xKfmfiRlyd.jpg

The shutter lever is in the upper left hand part of the photograph. Just a little one that you pull down and hear a "click." It's got that fancy KODAK BALL BEARING SHUTTER too!

jPq6iHx2hcdKT.jpg

jbxEqFUTmndYY5.jpg

jbfni7RxgFHHvI.jpg

Thats beautiful, run some film through it!
bigthumb.gif

Anything around it to keep light from getting in. If you're just going to shoot a few and put it up I wouldn't stick duct tape to it and risk the stickiness when the tape is removed. I'd prolly use some uber-cheap painters tape or a bag or such that doesn't stick but will prevent light from seaping ofr a few shots.

Thats beautiful, run some film through it!
bigthumb.gif

Anything around it to keep light from getting in. If you're just going to shoot a few and put it up I wouldn't stick duct tape to it and risk the stickiness when the tape is removed. I'd prolly use some uber-cheap painters tape or a bag or such that doesn't stick but will prevent light from seaping ofr a few shots.

I would love to run film through it... Kelsey (the GF) looked on Ebay last night and found 50 exposures of 116 for $500. I'm going to pass on that... I heard that it can be modded to run 120 though, I'll have to look into it.

Cool! I'll have to check that out. Seems much more reasonable than the one found on Ebay.

Black electrical tape leave very little Residue. And its elastic.
Some people had good luck using black nailpolish but I never tried it.

Would be great if you could find film for it. I might have a source, I'll let you know if I get a hold of any.

And this could be useful, IF you have a take up 116 spool....Shur Shot Conversion to 120 Film

One of my friends on facebook gave me similar advice. Here's what he said:

"nice find dude, get a roll of ilford xp2, or if you have your own developing tanks just do whatever you normally shoot for b/w. if you don't have a 620 spool you can just kind of carve a 120 spool down to fit in but having a 620 spool would be really helpful. then if you have a nice dual lens scanner scan them shits up and you'll be in business. those are really really fun cameras and 150mm on a 6x9 frame is like a 50ish-60ish so it's a nice normal focal length lens so you can shoot just about anything."

I'd try Ilford Pan F Plus, ISO 50. The detail you can get out of that Might just surprise you. On a cloudy day.

Awesome man! You will have tons of fun. It reminds me of mine a lot. Mine just stays on the table in the living room as decoration mostly but it sure commands attention.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/collectors-corner/236632-my-new-vintage-camera-circa-1914-a.html

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...rum/240123-1916-kodak-autographic-images.html

Yours is in much better condition that mine. The leather backing on mine is torn off partially on the film cover.

I tried to figure out what the age of my camera was with the CAMEROSITY acronym with no luck. On the little flip stand on the bottom there are numbers on the back... I'm not sure if that's what I am looking for or not. The numbers are: 601167

Does it still have the stylus with it?

Does it still have the stylus with it?

Yeah it does, surprisingly enough. As beat up as the thing is, the stylus is perfect. Go figure.

Most reactions

Back