Kodak Paper.

robdavis305

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Going to try MPix for the first time and was wondering what the difference was between the e-surface and the metallic paper. Im wanting a glossy finish to the picture and wasnt sure which paper I should ask for.

e-Surface is like Lustre. Metallic is metallic. The metallic paper isn't a good paper for every day use its good for landscapes and such

The Kodak e-paper has a matte finish but you can get some sheen added to it by having them apply a Lustre coat finish on it.

The metallic paper has a high sheen and is not suitable for all images. Lustre coat can also be added to the metallic paper increaing the sheen a bit more.
You have to be very careful handeling metallic prints. It's very easy to crease or deform them.

Lustre coat is a spray that is applied to prints. Not only does it add some sheen it helps protect the front of the print from environmental contaminants, finger prints and UV light.

Did you see this Mpix page?: Mpix.com - Paper Types
Get the Paper Sample Kit.

Personally, I like the E-Surface for most uses. The metallic is nice for some images, but it might not look right for some things...

Have you ever ordered that sample kit? Just curious... I have had photos printed on all paper types Mpix offers, so I don't really need it - I'm just curious if the sample pack is blank paper, paper with some sort of stock image on it, or paper with one of your own images on it...

Personally, I like the E-Surface for most uses. The metallic is nice for some images, but it might not look right for some things...

Have you ever ordered that sample kit? Just curious... I have had photos printed on all paper types Mpix offers, so I don't really need it - I'm just curious if the sample pack is blank paper, paper with some sort of stock image on it, or paper with one of your own images on it...
It's 2" x 8", has stock images on it, has samples that have the Lustre coating, and includes the press papers they offer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back