Koenigsegg = bloody fast!

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
Geneva Motorshow Press Release 2005-03-02

The Koenigsegg CCR breaks the World Record

On February the 28th 2005, at 12.08 local time, the Koenigsegg CCR broke the production road car speed record, achieving a new official top speed of 388 (387.87) km/h at Italy’s Nardo Prototipo proving ground.

A team of five Koenigsegg engineers and mechanics together with founder Christian von Koenigsegg ran, a technically standard Koenigsegg CCR in order to take the top speed record for productions road cars. The famous supercar test driver, Loris Bicocchi who is a veteran recorder breaker, drove the CCR.

The Koenigsegg CCR raised McLaren's previously unofficial mark of 372 km/h set at Nardo/Prototipo in 1993 with over 15 km/h. On top of this the CCR broke the official McLaren F1 record of 386.7 km/h, which was set on the 9 km straight line VW Ehra facility in Wolfsburg Germany.

A team of Nardo Prototipo technicians independently verified the speed of the CCR. The car was clocked using Tag Heuer´s Splitmaster 650 with photocells stationary at the track, recording the average speed during 1 km.

Nardo Prototipo is a circular track with a circumference of 12.5 km. This means that the car is driven in a constant turning motion, which makes the exercise and speed even more impressive. The steering wheel at this speed is kept at around 30 degrees of constant angel, which equivalates to a sharp corner for the speed.

The constant turning motion of the car creates extra friction on the tires. This extra friction overcomes the extra horsepower that was needed for further acceleration. The maximum speed was reached at around 6790 rpm, which is not equivalent to the maximum hp level, which is at a higher rpm.

With this verification of speed, Christian von Koenigsegg is even more confident that the Koenigsegg CCR is capable of reaching its projected top speed of 395 km/h, or more, in a straight line.

Driver Loris Bicocchi was very impressed by the performance of the car. He feels happy to finally prove the performance of the Koenigsegg. “This test was very important for the customers and owners of Koenigsegg cars. It proves that their belief and faith in the small Koenigsegg Company was well founded”.

Filmator documented the record attempt. Filmator is a Swedish filmcrew that currently is making a documentary about the Koenigsegg Company for Swedish television.

The official Test Report is issued by Prototipo, acting as a third party verificator and is forwarded to the Guinness Book of Records for processing.

Other interesting data from the Nardo test

Max temperatures (in degree Celsius) during 40 seconds of full throttle:
Ambient temperature: 8, Tires: 64, Engine coolant: 91, Intake air after intercooler: 64, Gearbox oil 94 degrees, Engine oil 112.

68 litre of fuel at the start of the test.

Car Set-up:
Standard road car fuel, Standard CCR Michelin tires, Standard ride height of the car, standard engine configuration, standard wheel geometries, standard gearbox, standard clutch, standard brakes, standard over boost pressure from the superchargers.

Test safety equipment:
Roll cage, 4 point safety belts, Fire extinguisher system, logging for data collection.

Comparison chart results at Nardo/Prototipo for Production cars:

1. Koenigsegg CCR 388 km/h
2. McLaren F1 372 km/h
3. Ferrari Enzo 355 km/h
4. Porsche Carrera GT 334 km/h
4. McLaren Mercedes SLR 334 km/h
5. Lamborghini Murcielago 330 km/h

Data was collected from Auto Motor & Sport, The official McLaren web page and from Prototipo for the Koenigsegg data.

Koenigsegg Automotive AB

http://www.koenigsegg.com/movies/Web_NardoWeb5031816.wmv - 16mb

well... I wonder how much I'd have to pay if the police caught me... but, wait a minute... I'd be able to drive away :D:D ok... how much the toys like those cost? Am I able to afford uhh let's say this one: Koenigsegg CCR ??? :)

mentos_007 said:
well... I wonder how much I'd have to pay if the police caught me... but, wait a minute... I'd be able to drive away :D:D ok... how much the toys like those cost? Am I able to afford uhh let's say this one: Koenigsegg CCR ??? :)

Well... I have an idea!:idea: :idea: :idea: Let's everyone pitch in a few bucks or whatever your currency is and open an account in Switzerland for mentos until she gets her dream car. :mrgreen:

Any bankers here?

€458,000 or so it did in 2004. That's around £314,000.

*puts hand in pocket*

*ignores Mitica's bankers comment*

*pulls out £3.63, a chewed toy soldier and mint*

What a weapon....

Koenigsegg_CCR%20800.jpg

koenigsegg_ccr_2004_03_s.jpg

koenigsegg%20ccr%202004%20dvere%20front.jpg

yay it's wonderful
- put my hand in a pocket... find ... about $2 and a bus ticket... enough??

Is the ticket still able to be used and does it send you in my direction?

Oh, and whose pocket did you put your hand in? :oops: :mrgreen:

ferny said:
€458,000 or so it did in 2004. That's around £314,000.

*puts hand in pocket*

*ignores Mitica's bankers comment*

*pulls out £3.63, a chewed toy soldier and mint*

Owww...oww...can I have the mint?

Sure. Some guy gave it to me when I wanted change for a lemon. It took a while to dry but it's fine now.

ferny said:
Is the ticket still able to be used and does it send you in my direction?

Oh, and whose pocket did you put your hand in? :oops: :mrgreen:

well Ferny :) If you buy me that car I'll visit you the same day :) So I will not need the ticket any longer :):) and after all... it wasn't your pocket... you had different currency in yours :) sorry :)

Oh, I know it wasn't mine. I had my hands in them already! :oops:

Let's do a deal. If I win the lottery I'll buy that car for you. You'll just have to buy the tickets for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back