Koi Pond in Yard C&C Welcome

CMfromIL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my backyard koi pond. 9'x14'x30"deep. Flowers (water Iris, lilly, and clementis) are in full bloom now.
It's always a work in progress, but I enjoy it. Thanks for looking. Not a big landscape photographer, so not sure on composition etc.

Pond2ndAngle.jpg

Pond1stAngle.jpg

The fish are hard to photograph. I don't have a polorizing filter, and I have a hard time with focus on them. That being said, here are a few:

FeedingTime3.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

3. And a couple of frogs in the pond:

FrogForShow.jpg

Frog1_1.jpg

The fish are hard to photograph. I don't have a polorizing filter, and I have a hard time with focus on them. That being said, here are a few:

FeedingTime3.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

3. And a couple of frogs in the pond:

FrogForShow.jpg

Frog1_1.jpg

I like #3

Thanks, I get alot of people that like that picture (#3). I wish I had the DOF larger when I took it, his snout is just a bit OOF.

The composition didn't thrill me, but honestly I'm not sure you could really do too much beyond what you have. Mind you... I seriously don't know. Not intended as a criticism. I'm just clueless here.

Very nice pond though!

What kind of light do you get back there? I think it would be more interesting shot during late day or early morning sun. Love the frog peaking up out of the pond though :)

Most reactions

Back