Koln/Cologne Cathedral, Dec 2006

JonathanM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
_C030042.jpg

Taken on a very windy day, most images have shake +++ despite being tripod mounted!!

focusing could have been a bit better, I want to go inside it lol

focusing could have been a bit better, I want to go inside it lol

I'm not sure it is the focusing at fault, more than likely the exposure or still some camera shake. you don't want to see the others I took though......

I've been to Koln maybe 4 or 5 times, never managed to get inside the cathedral yet! Always had too much on. Rather nice camera shop in the "foundations" of it though, near the square.

You were in Köln in December and never let me know???
OK, not that Köln is still as close by to where I live now as it used to be when I still lived where I am right now (I am typing this into my dad's computer in my original home, my parents' home, you see?), but who knows? We might have met after all!

Unfortunately, Köln is not on the list of places I want to take those to who come to next year's meet-up ... otherwise I would see to it that you get INTO the cathedral at long last - it is VERY worth the while!! But you are still very invited to come and join us and see places such as Hamburg, Bremen, Lüneburg and the heath etc.!!!! :D

Pity about the wind and shake.
Good attempt, all the same.

Many a movie set and taken in Köln uses the platform on which you had set up your tripod as their "stage" for some scenes, for this very background. Surprising, eh? ;)

Apologies for not making contact, it was a family trip arranged at quite short notice. Plus I have not been a regular on the forum for a little while but am trying harder to make the effort.

My wife used to live in Duren as an exchange student for a year, and now her job (a german teacher trainer lecturer) means she is usually across to Stuttgart once a year or so - she is in berlin for a conference next week, on thursday & friday.

Hopefully we will catch up, I don't have a problem convinving my wife to get to Germany, it is more a time (or lack of it...) problem!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back