Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D

StreetShark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
How is this camera? I know nothing about it other than its a 6.3 MP camera. I seen it at my local camera shop In a box in a glass case. What about the lens choice? Will sony lenses fit it (I heard minolta lenses fit sony)? Give me what you know about it and if its a decent camera or not. Also whats the average proce its sold for?

Sony lenses will fit it because sony is using the minolta mount. Unless you got a really good deal I probably wouldn't buy it, simply because there is zero support for it now that KM is dead and gone, unless Sony takes care of KM customers.

As for how nice of a camera it is, I cant say.

Sony handles technical support and repairs for Konica Minolta photographic equipment... whether they take care of customers is another matter :lol: some of the experiences that have been reported are not great... but then to be fair you generally tend to hear the horror stories rather than the good ones.

The camera is good. Obviously the specifications may not be overly impressive compared to current dSLR technology, but on a basic level consider that Nikon and Pentax are still producing dSLRs with the exact same sensor. The question, as 'xfloggingkylex' suggests, is how good a deal you can get and whether it makes sense to buy a KM in terms of how well it's supported by Sony. To that end, there are some here who will have owned a 5D but for more replies I would suggest trying www.dyxum.com, a site dedicated to the KM and Sony dSLR systems.

Most reactions

Back