Korean War Memorial

Trblmkr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went out with one of the members of our forums (Stevepwns) to take some pictures of the Korean War Memorial here in DC.
I learned really quick how important it is to carry some sort of flashlight to shine on the subject to make easier to focus (Thanks Stevepwns). If there was 1 thing I would have done differently is to shoot this one when it was a bit darker out to really be able to highlight the flag even more so.

Here is one of my favorites from the group that I took. You should be able to understand the story behind this picture.

20130810 DC Korean War Memorial 43 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

Thanks for Looking

I like it, this is the only thing that I missed when shooting this week, I need to go back to DC asap.

Nice picture, but I feel like the OOF statue takes away from the picture rather than benefiting it.
I would have taken two different focus points of the flag+statue and combined them in PP or just focused on the statue solely.
Just my opinion though
I like what you're going for in you picture though.

Nice picture, but I feel like the OOF statue takes away from the picture rather than benefiting it.
I would have taken two different focus points of the flag+statue and combined them in PP or just focused on the statue solely.
Just my opinion though

I do have other pictures taken at the same time with the soldier in focus. Just don't know how to combine the two pictures in PS.

Just my opinion though

As a soldier, I think the focus being on the flag and not the statue makes the picture speak. As a soldier, you have to accept that you aren't the reason or the purpose, your ego gets left at the door. Its about your country, period. Leaving the statue out of focus making the flag the focal point, resonates this. I think making the main statue a primary focal point would actually take away form the picture... My opinion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back