Korean War Memorial

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken while on a trip to DC to meet JonMikal, Calliope,Aprilraven, Anicole,Hertz,JoCose,ClarinetJWD,Kelox,Mrs Kelox,MyCameraEye, along with Anty. It was an awesome time, with little sleep and lots of photography. A real pleasure to be in such amazing company.

While photographing these in the dark late at night, helicoptors were flying around the DC area with flood lights on. It really added to the mood of this shoot.

CRW_2302a.jpg

CRW_2304z.jpg

CRW_2300x.jpg

CRW_2298a.jpg

CRW_2294a.jpg

CRW_2293a.jpg

Thanks so much Corry, and Joe.
We were there on Sunday night, pretty late, like 11ish. Just Anty and me, then JonMikal and Hertz. Yeah... two canucks were roaming DC alone in the dark at night.:lmao: :lmao:
It was one of my favorite stops...along with many others.

Great shots, Chiller. Am I correct saying that this memorial was just erected?? And where is it located. I've been to the Vietnam wall on several occasions and well up with tears each time. This one, I suspect, creates much the same emotions.

acsonpg said:
Great shots, Chiller. Am I correct saying that this memorial was just erected?? And where is it located. I've been to the Vietnam wall on several occasions and well up with tears each time. This one, I suspect, creates much the same emotions.

Thanks for your kind words. I think this is faily new. Im not too familiar with the DC area, being a Canuck, but this is opposite to the Vietnam wall, (I think, it was dark)across from the Lincoln memorial beside a big reflecting pond. It was an eerie place to see , especially at night alone.
I have already got the itch to get back there and shoot more pics. :thumbup:

Chiller said:
Thanks for your kind words. I think this is faily new. Im not too familiar with the DC area, being a Canuck, but this is opposite to the Vietnam wall, (I think, it was dark)across from the Lincoln memorial beside a big reflecting pond. It was an eerie place to see , especially at night alone.
I have already got the itch to get back there and shoot more pics. :thumbup:
It's newer than most of the stuff there, according to Wikipedia it was built in 1993 and dedicated in 95

These are so neat. I love the realness to the status. Seems like a really great place to experience.

Great shots! #1 is awesome!

Thanks so much everyone. Really appreciate your comments.

Think the first two are my favs... but great series chilly, they look good in the dark :mrgreen: :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back